mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Going from a Big hit to an SX Trail

So I have an '04 Big hit now with a slider plus up front, and i love it but it is time to get something new. I am debating between a Demo 8 and a SX Trail.
    I ride mostly freeride with some climbing, but I have been able to do that all on my big hit. I go to Platekill or Diablo maybe 3 or 4 times a year. I'm thinking the SX trail would be a better fit because its about 8 LBS lighter and in reality, only has 10mm less travel in the front and a little over an inch less travel in the rear then my Big hit does.

Any opinions? The sx trail would do fine at diablo a couple times a year right?

Thanks guys!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBFreerideCT
    So I have an '04 Big hit now with a slider plus up front, and i love it but it is time to get something new. I am debating between a Demo 8 and a SX Trail.
    I ride mostly freeride with some climbing, but I have been able to do that all on my big hit. I go to Platekill or Diablo maybe 3 or 4 times a year. I'm thinking the SX trail would be a better fit because its about 8 LBS lighter and in reality, only has 10mm less travel in the front and a little over an inch less travel in the rear then my Big hit does.

Any opinions? The sx trail would do fine at diablo a couple times a year right?

Thanks guys!
    it is perfect for what you want if your getting the 06, but the 05 should do fine to stuff about 10 ft or so, depending thoguh.