mtbr member

Glad I'm on spesh forums(instead of Ells or Turner)!!

Wow,

maybe I'm not a deep thinker, or I'm not nearly as passionate about my bike's design, mantra, mission statement, whatever, but those Ells & Turner posts are amazing.
    Those folks really are into why Tony did what and Dave said this...

Nice, simple posts here @ the spesh forum.

But that's the design of a 'forum', so I guess i shouldn't knock them.

John
    Beer has food value. Food has no beer value.

Shamisen Appreciator
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Biker75
    Wow,

maybe I'm not a deep thinker, or I'm not nearly as passionate about my bike's design, mantra, mission statement, whatever, but those Ells & Turner posts are amazing.
    Those folks really are into why Tony did what and Dave said this...

Nice, simple posts here @ the spesh forum.

But that's the design of a 'forum', so I guess i shouldn't knock them.

John
    I understand what you're saying, but feel a bit differently. I own two Specialized bikes and an Ellsworth (and others) but I probably spend 10x more time on the Turner board than I do here and in Ellsworth combined. Why? Because those guys are some of the most knowledgeable and technically competent contributors to this entire board.

I don’t feel that there’s anything particularly great about either Tony’s or Dave’s bike designs (other than Dave’s pivot bushings) and feel, to an extent, that large manufacturers like Specialized have an advantage when it comes to being able to near net forge frame components rather than a costly CNC process. For me, the fact is that if I hadn’t been able to get my Specialized bikes so cheap, I probably would have been on a Turner.

I had hope for the Specialized forum when Jake Wake was posting a bit more frequently, but unfortunately for us, he seems to have trailed off. I can’t say that I’ve every been impressed with the technical background of the folks here in this corner of the forum and there are very few entertaining or insightful posts.
    Sean Chaney :: Owner/Builder :: Vertigo Cycles LLC
    flickr :: www.vertigocycles.com