Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a Crave

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  owensjs 
#1 ·
Assuming it fits properly (Large), I plan on picking one up this week.

My current bike is a 99 Gary Fisher Marlin so I'm hoping this upgrade is leaps and bounds over the Gary Fisher. I ride single track for fun and exercise. I was originally considering the Carve Comp but may have talked myself into the Pro if I can get it for a decent closeout price at my LBS.

I'll post up in the next few days when I pull the trigger.

#6 ·
I am very fond of my 2013 Carve Comp. I keep it in my office, and I ride it just about every day. Very high rideability factor.....

For sure, go with the Pro if you can get a deal.

In my area, Mike's has a sale in August, and almost all the bikes are 18-20% off.

The 2013 Carve Comp was $1280 last summer, and the Pro was $1600.

mudhen

#9 ·
I got a good deal on a 2012 Carve Comp in February 2013 and I've put 1,941 mostly asphalt miles on it so far and haven't had any problems with it. First bike I had since I was 13 (20 years ago).

I want to pick up a carbon stumpjumper HT now though. I'm not sure it is necessary but when all your cycling buddies are riding carbon bikes and your the only one on an aluminum one you sort of feel left out lol.

#10 ·
I want to pick up a carbon stumpjumper HT now though. I'm not sure it is necessary but when all your cycling buddies are riding carbon bikes and your the only one on an aluminum one you sort of feel left out lol.
Yea, I don't think its too necessary but it is a pretty sexy ass bike. When I blast by my carbon buddies I just smile on my aluminum. Soon I'll upgrade but not quite yet.

#11 ·
They did change the Crave a little bit compared to the Carve. We recently sold a 2014 Crave 29er and compared it to a 2013 Carve Comp that we have in stock. The base model Crave had an air fork, Deore shadow plus rear derailleur, and was almost a full 2 pounds lighter. There are other subtle differences in part spec, but those are the big differences.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.