Thread: FSR XC weight

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

FSR XC weight

Hi, i'm thinking of buying the FSR XC PRO as a second, short travel, light bike. Does anyone know how much should the PRO model weight? Or even better, how much should the frame alone (with the triad of course) weight?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by uvsh; 12-17-2007 at 08:36 AM.

mtbr member
    I bought a 2007 FSR Xc Pro a couple of months back. Stock it weighed in 28.8 lbs on the shops electronic scale. I changed out a few items and ended up sub 27. Not sure about frame only. I asked that question before I bought but wasn't able to get a firm answer. I changed out the following: wheels, tires, crankset, front fork, handlebar, brake rotors, and seatpost. Only thing I am going to replace in the springtime is the cassette. Other than that, unless something breaks, I am done upgrading.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Can you elaborate about the changes?

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoker
    I bought a 2007 FSR Xc Pro a couple of months back. Stock it weighed in 28.8 lbs on the shops electronic scale. I changed out a few items and ended up sub 27. Not sure about frame only. I asked that question before I bought but wasn't able to get a firm answer. I changed out the following: wheels, tires, crankset, front fork, handlebar, brake rotors, and seatpost. Only thing I am going to replace in the springtime is the cassette. Other than that, unless something breaks, I am done upgrading.
    which wheels, fork and crankset did you put instead of the originals?
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    im not sure how much the frame weighs but there was a guy that bought a second hand frame that he was going to build up, it was very light, my stock xc 07 weighs around 30 pounds more or less, it a good bike but it never fit right and i was never comfortable on it, i upgraded to an epic which for me is better at doing everything and im selling the xc

mtbr member
    I had all these parts from my old bike...all less than 1 year old:

FSA XC 300 wheelset. Rode the hell out of them last year and they stayed true. Light and cheap for the weight. This was the big saver in weight. They are around 1700 gms for the pair.

Reba Race front fork. I love this fork...plush, easy adjustment, about 3.5 lbs. Not much lighter than the stock fork that was on the bike, but it has more travel.

XT crankset, the new one. Just bought it in August. Really nice. XTR was like $300 more!!!

The handlebar is easton carbon, Thompson elite post, and I switch tires around all the time depending on conditions, racing, etc. Those big ass rotors were overkill for me. The shop just switched them out for a pair of 160's

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

regarding the fork

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoker
    I had all these parts from my old bike...all less than 1 year old:

FSA XC 300 wheelset. Rode the hell out of them last year and they stayed true. Light and cheap for the weight. This was the big saver in weight. They are around 1700 gms for the pair.

Reba Race front fork. I love this fork...plush, easy adjustment, about 3.5 lbs. Not much lighter than the stock fork that was on the bike, but it has more travel.

XT crankset, the new one. Just bought it in August. Really nice. XTR was like $300 more!!!

The handlebar is easton carbon, Thompson elite post, and I switch tires around all the time depending on conditions, racing, etc. Those big ass rotors were overkill for me. The shop just switched them out for a pair of 160's
    Is the stock REBA SL is an OEM fork or similiar to the after market SL? i'm still not sure whether i can control the compression on the stock fork. why does the RACE has more travel? i thought they are both 100 and can internally be set to 115.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by uvsh
    Is the stock REBA SL is an OEM fork or similiar to the after market SL? i'm still not sure whether i can control the compression on the stock fork. why does the RACE has more travel? i thought they are both 100 and can internally be set to 115.
    No you're right. Mine is actually set at 115...sorry for the confusion.I took the Reba that came on the bike and put it on my wifes bike....i am unsure if you control the compression on that, 100 mm is perfect for her ride so I am leaving it alone

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I have an FSRxc Pro and yes, you can adjust the compression on the Reba SL.