mtbr member
    Sep 2010

FSR xc question, please help

I am looking at a used 09 FSRxc on craigslist, I have a GF Marlin right now but looking for a fs bike. I am 6'1" and its a size medium, i dont know how specialized sizes their bikes but does it sound small for me? Also how does $500 sound for it? Any help appreciated. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    according to Specialized the Medium has a 724 millimeters = 28.503937 inches Standover Height you could very well use a medium, but I think the Large will probably suit you better.

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/...3&menuItemId=0

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    If you wanna try to call bob at mojo wheels in denver.I know he has a new 2010 FSR XC Comp and a new 2010 FSR XC Pro and was telling me $900 each.Might be worth it giving him a call on monday.They do ship also.Oh yeah they are both large

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I live in Ohio.. blah.. I am also looking at an 06 epic posted on Craigslist. Is $800 a decent price for it? I know they cost considerably more than that new but it has the brain thing and i dont know if thats something that could go bad leaving me with an expensive fix. What are potential problems with it i should look for all you specialized guys?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I'm 5'10, with a pant inseam of 31" had a 08 medium Specialized Epic, had the seat back all the way...if you have a pant inseam that is longer ... you would need a swept back seat post for sure..I Actually just bought a large 2010.. I feel more comfortable on the large..I think you would to..What people don't know about used full suspenson Epic bikes..they do require servicing..once a year...so you can count on about 150 bucks for a used bike.. free to the original owners..that would half to go through a dealer..that is the nature of the beast..can't tear them down..because the brain is filled with nitrogen ..good question to ask would be...have you ever had the shock serviced..if the answer is no...you know what to expect.

mtbr member
    too small IMHO. I'm 6'1" and ride a 2009 FXR XC Comp. The bike is a Large and fits well but a Medium would be too small.

You can see that my post is quite far up.

http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/500/DSC01205_2.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Well, I didnt go with the XC but instead picked up an 06 epic marathon with an 07 flow control brain. Its in great condition, only paid $950 for it. I feel like I did well on the deal. May need new shift cables and rear tire but otherwise no dents, scratches, or damage to speak of. Can't wait for warm weather! Colorado here I come!

Members who have read this thread: 0