Thread: Fsr Xc?

mtbr member

Fsr Xc?

Don't see the FSR XC mentioned much. I'm looking at the pro version. Is it clydeworthy? I'm 6' 260#.

z71
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I like mine alot. I could not beat the price on it. I guess its all on how much you ride. If you want to spend the money I am sure there are other models of bike that do much better. But for me the way I have mine set up runs right with the rest of them. Mine is a 06 FSR XC Pro.

Humpmaster general
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino biker
    Don't see the FSR XC mentioned much. I'm looking at the pro version. Is it clydeworthy? I'm 6' 260#.
    \

I spoke with Specialized about the Stumpjumper and they said the maxium recommended rider weight for the fox pro pedal shock was 265 lbs. That was a couple years ago. I don't know if that has changed or what shock in so the XC Pro. If the fork is not air sprung, look to spend a little on heaver springs for the fork. It is a good bike.

When you get up to the pro line, I always think maybe you should get a base model Stumpjumper.
    your moma's so ugly, one time she looked out of the window and got arrested for mooning

more beers, lees gears.
    260lbs maybe a bit rough on the xfusion shock. I dont know much about them. I know a Fox shock could handle it. but those are on the stumpy fsr's.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Actually the 07 pro has a fox triad on the rear and i believe it is air sprung fork.

z71
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    My 06 Pro has the fox triad also. Most of the pro models do.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    My FSR XC Pro is a 2006 model and it came with a Fox Triad rear shock and a Recon 351 Air fork. I weigh 225lb in my birthday suit and it's held up very well. Most of my riding is on rocky, rooty New England single track. I must add that I don't ride it much anymore since I bought my Yeti 575.

The FSR XC Pro has a pretty damn good component spec for the money along with Specialized's lifetime frame warranty. I'd highly recommend visiting your lbs and taking one out for a demo. Have them set it up for you and hit some dirt!

mtbr member
    Thanks to everyone for your counsel and advice. Sounds like a great bike to me.