mtbr member
    Jun 2006

FSR Enduro Pro, is this dent dangerous?

I'm thinking of buying a FSR Enduro Pro, but when I went to look at it, I noticed a very small dent. I think it may have been made by the front derailer getting clamped down too tight or getting bonked. It's a pretty small dent, but I just wanted to make sure it wasn't dangerous before I drop $180 bucks on it. What do you think?

Also, it's missing the rear shock, does anyone know off hand what size it takes? Anybody got one lying around after an upgrade that want to sell cheap? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    In terms of the dent, have it taken to an authorized Specialized retailer and have them inspect it.

For the shock, consult the Specialized website or call customer service. If you know the year of the frame, someone here might be able to help you out as well....

Life is Good
    That looks like a 2002 Enduro Pro?
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    EDIT: edited for mass spelling errors.

If it is a 2002 Enduro then it uses a 7.625" eye-to-eye shock with a 2" stroke. This is a custome e2e length. If you want a new one talk to a Specialized dealer about special ordering one. You could also talk to Push Industries. Either of these options will be expensive. If you want to do this on the cheap, you can get away with a 7.5" or 7.875" e2e shock with a 2" stroke. Just understand that this will will lower/raise your bottom bracket, head angle, etc. to a small degree. But they are more readily available. Obviously you would also probably have to get new reducers for the shock so it would fit your frame, but those can be bought from your LBS for pretty cheap. Hope this helps!

mtbr member

sHOCK OPTIONS

I PROB WOULDNT WORRY ABOUT THIS DENT AT ALL. FROM THE PIC IT APPEARS THE SAME FRAME WICH i HAVE OWNED, SPEC MADE OVER A FEW MODEL YEARS CHANGING ISSUES THEY HAD IN THE WELDS. FIRST I HAD THE METALFLAKE BLUE WHICH I THINK WAS 2002/2003, IT WAS REPLACED BY A WHITE ONE, THE WHITE ONE WAS THE 'PRO' WHICH WAS THEN REPLACED BY THE DREAM SILVER ONE WHICH I RIDE NOW. I DON'T RECALL THE EXACT MODEL YEARS BUT THEY ALL USED THE SAME SHOCK CONFIG.

STOCK WAS 7.625 X 2.0 AIR SHOCKS. I HAD REPLACED THEM WITH 7.8 X 2.25 COIL OVERS WHICH ARE RELATIVELY EASY TO GET ON SECONDARY MARKET FOR $75-$150. BB HEIGHT WENT UP A TINY BIT AND WITH A 120MM FRONT FORK (SLIGHTLY TALLER AXLE TO CROWN THAN THE STOCK FORK) I THINK THE BB HEIGHT INCREASE WAS .25 INCH - BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I MEASURED IT. THE BIKE IS PRETTY WELL BALANCED.