T8K
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

FS: Feeler... 2001 Specialized Rockhopper

Hey,

I'm new to these forums but not to biking. I have a 2001 Specialized Rockhopper that I'd like to possibly sell to get funds for my Trek.

The bike was ridden for one full year until I could afford my T8000. The frame size is 15" b/c I purchased it when I was still a teen.

The components are the factory components. (I don't have the bike with me at CU to tell exactly what components it has). Bike comes with amost new tires that are pictured on the Trek.

This bike initially cost me $700. Not sure what its worth now, but just trying to get an idea.

Now to the pictures.

Thanks
    Gary

T8K
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Bump.
    Trek 8000
    Specialized Rockhopper

Life is Good
    I'd say $200-300. Maybe.
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain

T8K
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Yeah, I'm sure I wouldn't get much, if any, more than that. I appreciate it.
    Trek 8000
    Specialized Rockhopper

Life is Good
    I have a 2001 Rockhopper as well; my model has the disc brakes. I paid $1020 for it (saved all summer long).

I was thinking about selling it for awhile so I could put the money into my primary bike but some members on the board here talked me out of it. They brought up a few good points which you should consider:
    1) You're not going to get that much money, first of all.
    2) No matter WHAT you get for it, its not going to be as much as you think you should've gotten.
    And most importantly, in my case anyhow, 3) I'd end up missing it.

My Rockhopper was my first real mountain bike and I know if I sold it I'd regret it, so she stays and I even got to get out for some solid rides this past spring.

I say keep the bike. Convert it to a singlespeed maybe, or keep it around for when your Trek needs work.
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain