mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Front fork issues

I have a Enduro SL, Carbon and love it but I want more turning radias on the forks, I still want to stay with a five to six inch travel, WHAT SHOULD I REPLACE IT WITH?????

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Campbell
    I want more turning radias on the forks, WHAT SHOULD I REPLACE IT WITH?
    This question should be in the Suspension forum at least. At best it should be in the Bike & Frames forum as the probable answer is (if there is an answer to your question at all) "Replace with a frame with a slacker head angle and longer wheelbase".

????
    I agree with ya there.
    Mike The Bike's home wheelbuilding info - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilder information and motivation.

mtbr member
    Front fork? As opposed to rear fork?
    The sketchier you are, the better you'll look in artists' renderings.

Wiz
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Geez, take it easy there boyz. I know it;s cold...or maybe I don't get it & it's a jong.
    However, I do think the Specialized forum would be the place to go. I don't understand the question. Is it understeering? MT may be on the right track, but before replacing the frame or fork may I suggest longer bars, bigtime sweep low-riser bar, a mary bar? adding a 6mm Ventura race, set-back seat post or make it a 69'er.

backwoods and backwards
    I think the issue is that the SL runs a dc fork ( on the front ) Op is probably looking for less turning radius. Fox float 36 is the correct answer. Dont forget to budget the new front wheel in the project ( specialized 25mm thru axle on the front on the front fork up there on the front)

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    ya thats the only bad part about this cause il have to get a 20mm front wheel. Oh well thats life. May be il sell the fork on ebay or craigs. Not sure what to ask for it. It has the upgraded air sleeve and two front wheels. $$$$$ ????? What do you think?