Thread: Friggen ebay!

mtbr member

Upset Friggen ebay!

I listed the wifes stumpy on ebay a week ago. The thing is like new and what not (not selling it here). It is an expert mens as she's really tall and she fell in love with the red. Since we have a kid on the way I was going to sell the 2007 and get her a new 2008 at the end of the year. I got a great deal on it so I was willing to take a lose compared to retail.

Some dick ran the bidding up to $3,450 and crawfished at the last minute. I've wasted a week of sale time and 10 bucks listing it. Why the hell can't people pay for what they bid on? It's not like it was a 10$ item or something. You don't just open your wallet and say "hey! where's that 3 grand I had? Oh yeah! I went to taco bell last night!" You know whether or not you have the money when you bid!

Those that bid on ebay, please be honest and don't screw people!

Specialized Rida
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible
    I listed the wifes stumpy on ebay a week ago. The thing is like new and what not (not selling it here). It is an expert mens as she's really tall and she fell in love with the red. Since we have a kid on the way I was going to sell the 2007 and get her a new 2008 at the end of the year. I got a great deal on it so I was willing to take a lose compared to retail.

Some dick ran the bidding up to $3,450 and crawfished at the last minute. I've wasted a week of sale time and 10 bucks listing it. Why the hell can't people pay for what they bid on? It's not like it was a 10$ item or something. You don't just open your wallet and say "hey! where's that 3 grand I had? Oh yeah! I went to taco bell last night!" You know whether or not you have the money when you bid!

Those that bid on ebay, please be honest and don't screw people!

you can always look at the bright side and think it could have been worse. you could have lost your bike, money, or both to some scam artist.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Make sure you give that bidder a negative comment!

mtbr member
    That sucks. One thing you may want to try in the future is setting up criteria for bidders. There are a few controls you can set to prevent people from bidding....I always prevent people who 1) don't have a PayPal account 2) have X # of negatives 3) reside outside of US. This isn't foolproof but it helps weed out some of the morons.

I've had about 200 transactions on eBay and only 1 or 2 were really sour.

I hope you have better luck next time.
    1x9's rule

hippster
    Nov 2007
    Dude I just sold a bike on ebay yesterday, and 30 min later I get an email saying that the user didn't authorize the bids and the auction would be deleted. like completely deleted, all history of bids and other people who were biding on it. Gone. I've never heard of such a thing. I've sold plenty of things on ebay and this situation really pissed me off. I would have gladly sold the bike to one of the other people who's bids didn't win. Has anyone else had ebay delete all history of an auction?

mtbr member
    I won an auction once, paid the guy, and then got an email from ebay saying that the auction had been deleted. I was pissed. Fortunately, after a month of harsh emails, I got what I won.

I AM I AM
    Yeah I brought a great set of knee pads, for a great price and the bastard didn't anser any emails, didn't send them to me, nothing! Who knows why. Got my money back throught paypal thankfully. But still, it shows all you have to do is not communicate & you get away with ****, except for the negative feedback.

The Other Dude
    If it was an auction, you can send a second chance offer to the next highest bidder.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

On MTBR hiatus :(
    Quote Originally Posted by profec291
    Lol! Getting it!
    speedub.nate
    MTBR Hiatus UFN

mtbr member
    May 2006

hippster
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut8
    If it was an auction, you can send a second chance offer to the next highest bidder.
    yeah thats what i thought, but because ebay completely deleted all history of the auction, I don't have the bid history. I ended up reposting the bike.

mtbr member
    Well then you didn't have to pay for the auction either.

MTBGremmie
    Quote Originally Posted by profec291

Bidder may have been a scammer using someone else's identity. What people think of as fun these days.

Sorry for your misadventure. I'd go with Quantdude's advice next time.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    i hate paypal, i cant set the stupid thing up, perhaps because the set up where i live in in spanish and i dont understand spanish too well, i also live outside the U.S,

i come across the dont bother bid if you dont have paypal thing a lot and its frustrating, i usually send them an e mail saying how about if i wire the money directly to your account then trust you to send me what i paid for? they are normally ok with that, thats risky but if they have a high number of positive feedbacks i feel safe enough, i bought a 2 grand guitar that way

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantdude
    That sucks. One thing you may want to try in the future is setting up criteria for bidders. There are a few controls you can set to prevent people from bidding....I always prevent people who 1) don't have a PayPal account 2) have X # of negatives 3) reside outside of US. This isn't foolproof but it helps weed out some of the morons.

I've had about 200 transactions on eBay and only 1 or 2 were really sour.

I hope you have better luck next time.

I do not apprcishate yor lack of likening a product in my direction. My Nigerian coleegs and I love the mountain biking sport and wish to liken a bicycle to our door.
    :wq