Thread: Freeking Rain!

Texan

Upset Freeking Rain!

Wouldnt you know it! A month's worth of building the new bike, back and forth from the LBS, upgrade this, upgrade that, working 7 days a week to pay for it all, finally get a whole weekend off and the bike is ready to go, guess WHAT?

It's raining cats and dogs!

So I'm mad and bored! Pics to come once it stops raining.

Frame: 08 FSR XC Comp
    Fork: 07 Reba Team
    Rims: Mavic 717 XC
    Hubs: Chris King. Mango
    Quick Release: Flip offs
    Tires Kenda Karma
    Pedals: Wellgo MG-1
    Crank: XT
    Chain: Sram
    Rear Cogs: Sram PG-970
    Bottom Bracket: XT Hollowtech 2
    Front Derailleur: XT
    Rear Derailleur: Sram X0
    Shifters: Sram X9
    Handlebars: Easton Monkeylite XC
    Grips: ODI Ruffian
    Stem: Thomson Elite X4
    Headset: Chris King. Mango
    Brake set: Avid Juicy Seven
    Saddle: Fizik arione
    Seat Post: Thomson Elite
    Titanium: By MTBTi.
    Last edited by Gary H; 12-16-2007 at 07:50 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Do you have any waterproofs?

mtbr member
    Dude! Although I feel your pain, I am gonna top it....rains dries up...the 18 inches of snow thats gonna drop here tommorrow isn't going anywhere for 3 months....

mtbr member
    Yeah, big storm coming for the NE tommorrow. We already have 6 inches of snow on the ground.

I WISH it was rain.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Don't be a pansy. Get out and ride. Rain or shine!

Calm Like a Bomb
    u know u could at least post some pics of your upgraded bike....and like a few others in this thread i would love rain any day over the amount of snow we have here
    Carbon Wilson
    Carbon Troy

Texan
    Quote Originally Posted by zredbullz
    Don't be a pansy. Get out and ride. Rain or shine!

LOL! I was at the grocery store when it hit hard. You could hear the rain hitting the roof. I dont know if you've ever been in Houston Texas, but when we say its raining, we mean like 5" an hour!

Texan

Texan
    Its a little dirtier now!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Calm Like a Bomb
    nice work...that's a sweet looking ride
    Carbon Wilson
    Carbon Troy

Texan
    Quote Originally Posted by pipes10
    nice work...that's a sweet looking ride
    Thanks! I still have some tweaking to do but thatll have to wait untill the trails dry out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    never seen one that colour before, its beautiful, how much does it weigh? my stock 07 comp is over 30 pounds

Texan
    Quote Originally Posted by darkest_fugue
    never seen one that colour before, its beautiful, how much does it weigh? my stock 07 comp is over 30 pounds
    Thanks! I cant verify the exact weight as it sits, but before the new hubs and with my Nevegal tires loaded on it, it weighed 28.19 lbs. According to my notes I should be at 26.93 lbs. as pictured.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    your doing really well, thats lighter than my brand new stock epic comp which weighed in at 27.5 pounds, thats with shimano spd's though which are heavy but i like them, however even with the bike as it is it feels so much lighter than my xc, which is a good bike but it never fit me right, the epic fits me like a glove and has new parts on order as we speak, XTR pedals XTR fd XTR cranks XTR cassette and a phenom sl saddle, ill see how much weight that drops me before i tackle the wheels, i am estimating over 450 grams, im considering an XTR wheelset also

Texan
    Quote Originally Posted by darkest_fugue
    your doing really well, thats lighter than my brand new stock epic comp which weighed in at 27.5 pounds, thats with shimano spd's though which are heavy but i like them, however even with the bike as it is it feels so much lighter than my xc, which is a good bike but it never fit me right, the epic fits me like a glove and has new parts on order as we speak, XTR pedals XTR fd XTR cranks XTR cassette and a phenom sl saddle, ill see how much weight that drops me before i tackle the wheels, i am estimating over 450 grams, im considering an XTR wheelset also
    Not a dang thing wrong with XTR stuff! Thats the best of the best!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    theres a lot of wheel options, well actually not too much where i live, ive only really got shimano and mavic to go with, the XTR set is expensive but a good wheel set is a good investment, it would also knock nearly another 400 grams off my bike and that would get me down to epic marathon weight!!!

K n e e m o i
    You may also want to consider American Classic. They are also light, not as expensive as the XTR.
    "Prison sports are really fun. I get used as a frisbee, a dartboard, and a second base!" - Kneemoi

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    ive also read they arent as good or as strong, however this was just one opinion, theres so many mixed opinions on wheels in the reviews section of this site it would give you a headache

mtbr member
    I am a big supporter of Chris King items as i love their head sets, used them for BMX racing and dirt jumping for years, as far as your bike goes... Man that thing is purdy...
    My body has certainly wandered a good deal, but I have an uneasy suspicion that my mind has not wandered enough. -N.C.