mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Frame different for 06 and 07 Stumpjumper FSR?

I was visiting LBS store and test ride 06 Stumpjumper Expert and i like the way it ride (though its only in the parking lot but i did go up and down the curb a few times, ride on the grasss, etc...).

It's a closeout deal for $1900 (USD). Is this a reasonable deal?

The shop do not have the 07 Stumpjumper FSR for me to do comparison and test ride. Are the frame for the 07 similar to the 06? Geometry? Lighter or heavy? Any other thing i should know?

What model of 07 stumpjumper FSR is the 06' Stumjumper FSR Expert equivalent to? The 07 Stumpjumper Comp (definitely not the 07 Expert because of the brain on the expert)?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nizee
    I was visiting LBS store and test ride 06 Stumpjumper Expert and i like the way it ride (though its only in the parking lot but i did go up and down the curb a few times, ride on the grasss, etc...).

It's a closeout deal for $1900 (USD). Is this a reasonable deal?

The shop do not have the 07 Stumpjumper FSR for me to do comparison and test ride. Are the frame for the 07 similar to the 06? Geometry? Lighter or heavy? Any other thing i should know?

What model of 07 stumpjumper FSR is the 06' Stumjumper FSR Expert equivalent to? The 07 Stumpjumper Comp (definitely not the 07 Expert because of the brain on the expert)?
    $1900 for the 06 Expert is an excellent deal. For the money you save, you could purchase a Cannondale RP23 shock and make the bike that much better. There are only a few upgrades between an 06 and 07 model but certainly not enough to pass up a deal like that.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    thanks Lumbee1 for your reply.
    I just miss the deal and it was sold the day before i was about to get it.

But i did test rode the 07' SJ Elite model as according to the sales people, it's almost similar to the '06 SJ Expert.
    Maybe it's just me or me getting weird, but it seem like the ride position/posture on the 07' Elite is much better compare to 06' Expert. It put me more balance to the center of the frame, when i'm standing on the bike, fast pedaling, etc...
    The shop willing to sell me the 07' SJ Elite for $2600.
    Or should i just get the '07 SJ Comp? Does the price different worth it to upgrade to Elite?
    Is there an online deal on the '07 SJ Elite ? LOL... LOL