View Poll Results: What do you think of the shock?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

6 35.29%
  • Piece of crap.

9 52.94%
  • Glad it diodn't come stock on my bike.

2 11.76%

Thread: Fox Triad Poll

thecentralscrutinizer

Fox Triad Poll

Okay, earlier someone posted a thread and called it a poll about the Triad. From the three options given, what do you think of your shock.
    2015 Kona JTS
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5
    2013 DeVinci Leo SL
    2009 SE Racing SoCal Flyer
    2008 SE lil Ripper
    2003 TiSport Gman

mtbr member
    As a shock, it physically works, BUT the Triad does not perform well at all compared to other shocks on the market. The design is extremely basic and only gets minor respect due to the Fox name.

Mud Boy
    Nov 2004

moment of silence for the deceased...

according to a Fox rep on the phone today...07 is the last model year for the Triad. Fox will not supply Specialized with any for the 08 model year.

Ding dong the Triad is dead!

I called to get a couple of new bushings(washers) for the rear shock mount reducer, when he asked if he could do anything else for me, I said yea...stop selling Specialized that piece of crap Triad. His response is above.

So, while this is of little or no value to many of us unhappy with the shocks performance. I will rest comfortably knowing that future Specialized owners won't be burdened by this inferior performing shock.

Nice poll by the way. To those of you voting that you feel the performance of the Triad is "good", bolt an RP3 or an RP23 on that chassis and feel the love baby...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by magdaddy
    according to a Fox rep on the phone today...07 is the last model year for the Triad. Fox will not supply Specialized with any for the 08 model year.

Ding dong the Triad is dead!

I called to get a couple of new bushings(washers) for the rear shock mount reducer, when he asked if he could do anything else for me, I said yea...stop selling Specialized that piece of crap Triad. His response is above.

So, while this is of little or no value to many of us unhappy with the shocks performance. I will rest comfortably knowing that future Specialized owners won't be burdened by this inferior performing shock.

Nice poll by the way. To those of you voting that you feel the performance of the Triad is "good", bolt an RP3 or an RP23 on that chassis and feel the love baby...
    I am anxiously waiting for you to get your RP23 back I have been checking ebay daily for a RP3 or RP23. I ran across a Float R that went for $71 but missed bidding on it.

Todd, have you installed your RP23?

z71
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    My Fox Triad craped out on me. I ride a 06 FSR XC Pro. I have a Fox Float R with internal pro pedal on it now. I ordered a BETD linkage that should be here shortly. It should run awsome with the BETD linkage. When my piece of crap triad comes back from Fox I will be running that for a while then sending my Fox Float R to PUSH industries for there Factory Tuning System for the Float R.

Mud Boy
    Nov 2004

you talking to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Lumbee1
    I am anxiously waiting for you to get your RP23 back I have been checking ebay daily for a RP3 or RP23.

Saturday Night Live...Joe Pesci wearing a pinkie ring looking at himself in the mirror. Pinkie extended, bent at the knuckle...whats da matter you all to young to remember?

Anyway, don't hold your breath for me to get the RP23 back on. I haven't replaced the air sleeve seals yet, put the Triad back on in the interm.

Besides, winter is here in Central New York. Lake effect snow and sub zero temps with the windchill. It's xc ski time, no cross bike on the roads, no hours spent spinning on the trainer in the basement. Getting the ski gear on in a few minutes to go hit the local trails.

I did finally bump my Vanilla R back out to 5" travel though. So there will be something else to evaluate when the RP23 is back on. Have a great weekend guys

thecentralscrutinizer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumbee1
    Todd, have you installed your RP23?
    I have it, but I'm awaiting the bushing from FOX. It's only been about three weeks since I ordered them.

I did however get my POS Triad back today. It only took FOX a month and a half to repair and return. Not only that, but they removed the bushings apparently. You can see where they used the bolt remover in there and reused the bushings....NICE.

Jonathan, call Hawleys and talk to Mark Taylor about the RP23. I didn't pay as much as what you were quoted locally.
    2015 Kona JTS
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5
    2013 DeVinci Leo SL
    2009 SE Racing SoCal Flyer
    2008 SE lil Ripper
    2003 TiSport Gman