mtbr member

Fox Talas Fork Question

Below is text from the Fox Manual:

"Adjusting Lockout Force
    Even when your fork is fully locked out, there are instances when you still want your fork to be active. To protect your fork's internal parts, your FOX fork will "blowoff" when it encounters an intense hit. You can adjust when the fork blows off—lockout force—by adjusting the blue knob on the bottom of the right leg.

A convenient tuning feature of the lockout force knob is that it allows you to leave your fork in the locked out position—no more fiddling with fork controls when the trail requires your undivided attention. Although you might need to adjust the knob a few times to find the sweet spot, once it is found you can simply leave your fork locked out. Your fork will then respond to hits in the trail (greater lockout force), for example, but will be locked out (lower lockout force) when you are out of your saddle on a climb. "

So my question is, do any of you leave the fork locked all the time, using the lock out force knob to find the "sweet spot" to allow the fork to move on bigger hits?
    2010 Gary Fisher Superfly
    2010 Kona Jake the Snake
    2007 Specialized Stump Jumper FSR Expert
    2006 Klein Q-Pro

mtbr member
    Isn't that a feature on the Talas X ???
    Building: ​Boardman 2010 HT Pro
    Current Joy: '11 Giant Anthem X
    Previous Joy: '09 Commencal Meta 5 VIP

mtbr member
    I just checked the Fox web site and it appears it is a feature on the RLC, my Expert has a RL, I'm thinking the instructions I looked at were generic and this feature doesn't apply to by fork, bummer, it sounded like a cool feature to have.
    2010 Gary Fisher Superfly
    2010 Kona Jake the Snake
    2007 Specialized Stump Jumper FSR Expert
    2006 Klein Q-Pro

mtbr member
    It's basically a "poor man's" platform.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpc111
    I just checked the Fox web site and it appears it is a feature on the RLC, my Expert has a RL, I'm thinking the instructions I looked at were generic and this feature doesn't apply to by fork, bummer, it sounded like a cool feature to have.
    Really??? I have the RLC, and I didn't think it had this.... I shall have a check in the morning.
    Building: ​Boardman 2010 HT Pro
    Current Joy: '11 Giant Anthem X
    Previous Joy: '09 Commencal Meta 5 VIP