mtbr member
    May 2013

fox forks and shock upgrade question?

has anyone upgraded to the top of line fox fork and shock 2013? I have a 2012 camber 29 I have done wheels and cass upgrade just wanting to upgrade suspension to as trick as possible? I am a ex moto-x guy and ctd system seems very tunable? thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Lots of tuning with CTD, but can be some limitations depending on your needs. I'm a set and forget guy, and really don't like on the fly suspension changes unless I'm faced with an long and very steep climb, long pavement ride, etc.

I prefer to just leave my 2013 Float 34 in Descend mode and be done. This is the softest setting, but unfortunately the tuning ability for low speed compression only works in Trail mode. So for those who don't want to constantly fiddle with the blue lever, or want more control over the Descend mode...there's not as much freedom as past years. Previous posts have suggested adding more air if you want to stay dedicated to Descend mode. I've experimented here and found it adequate for my needs. The fork does its job, and I'm happy with the move from 32mm to 34mm stanchions, but I'm not sure I'm sold on the CTD concept.

Check out Pinkbike's take here
    And Bikerumor here

mtbr member
    May 2013
    thank you, I like an active suspension? so I think the float ctd is better for me?
    just like the options to fine tune if possible?
    now 32 or 34? I have a recon gold up front with 9mm qr its very flex pron? wonders way to much? I think 32 with 15mm qr will help this but 34mm would be even better? have to see how much the weight penalty is 32 to 34