Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Fox CTD Evolution forks/shocks-Any good?

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  gfs69 
#1 ·
I am looking at a Enduro 29er comp, and was wondering if the Fox CTD Evolution shocks/forks that come with it are decent? I have a Kashima CTD shock on my other bike, and it feels great to me. (I have had four other bikes with RP23's on them). I am not convinced Kashima does a ton, but the lack of trail adjust kind of limits the amount of dampaning, and it is also open bath as opposed to FIT. Any thoughts?

#2 ·
There were some defective cartridges on the performance and evolution series forks. My LBS had several defective units in for warranty. Good thing: Specialized has great customer service, they'll sort you out.
Bad thing: the fork isn't as blingy and probably not as adjustable and smooth as a factory Kashima fork.
Rock shox just presented their new 35mm Pike 29er fork. Looks like a great option for the Enduro. Upgrading in a year or so might be an option?

#3 ·
Thanks for the response. Yes, I saw that about the Pike, and I am a big Rockshox fan. Looks like a great fork! Bling I can live without, but if the Evolution stuff is really inferior, then that's a different story.

Anyone with any time on both the Evo and the top models that can compare the two?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.