mtbr member

fox 36van on 05 SXT

ok here is the story, i'm interested in the fox 36VAN fork with 160mm travel, do you think i could put that fork on my bike( a 2005 SX Trail) without voiding warrenty? i heard that the van had a lower axel to crown hieght than the 66r on my enduro sxt so i'm guess it would be fine, but still i don't want it to viod warrenty.

Old fart
    Aug 2005
    I also reason that its more axel to crown that's relevant than the stroke when it comes to forces on the frame so it should be fine.
    Besides, the -06 SXT comes with a 36 Van and thats the same frame as the -05...

All above imho of course

I'd contact Specialized about the warranty though if I were concerned, or maybe JakeWake can give you a straight answer.

Quote Originally Posted by freerider167
    ok here is the story, i'm interested in the fox 36VAN fork with 160mm travel, do you think i could put that fork on my bike( a 2005 SX Trail) without voiding warrenty? i heard that the van had a lower axel to crown hieght than the 66r on my enduro sxt so i'm guess it would be fine, but still i don't want it to viod warrenty.
    Yeah baby!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by *micke*
    I also reason that its more axel to crown that's relevant than the stroke when it comes to forces on the frame so it should be fine.
    Besides, the -06 SXT comes with a 36 Van and thats the same frame as the -05...

All above imho of course

I'd contact Specialized about the warranty though if I were concerned, or maybe JakeWake can give you a straight answer.
    thanks for the reply, i did email specialized and still waiting for a response. also the 06 SX Trail frames have been moded to accept different shocks in the rear and also has 6.5 or 6.6 inches to travel instead of 6. so i guess they changed the gro cause one of the SXT has a 170mm Marz 66.