mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Fox 36RC2 vs. E150

The E150 seems to soak up the big hits, but the small bump compliance seems to be lacking compared to my Fox F100RLT. Also, the trail I bought my Enduro SL for is very tight technical single track where you can't always carry a lot of speed and rockier than anywhere I've ever riden. I bought this bike to eat it up, but now I am questioning if I should have bought something with a Fox 36RC2 instead. The big hits are great, fast decents are phenomonal but is on the really rocky small stuff that my hands almost hurt. Last, I need something smooth at 7mph too as I am not always going fast. Should I have gotten something with the Fox 36 instead, because my 4.5 inch cross country bike seems smoother? I would like to know your thoughts on each fork because I am really confused.

Note I am running the recommended sag! Zero Compression and fastest rebound setting.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    on the E150 I have found that the recommended sag is merely a starting point for personal preference, so reduce the air pressure by 5psi till you find a sweet spot, and I think you need to add a bit of dampening and compression to stabilize the fork over that small stuff. Or just ride faster the Enduro SL like speed.

he who goes without food
    LOL I just wrestled my brain with this exact issue. Everything I read leads me to believe you will be happy with either of these forks, for me it came down to more fitting options with the fox Im an XL plus and the e150 was too short and low with the bars

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Diskus: I am 6'5" and a lean 240#. I have my fork set to 25% sag (95PSI) and I am getting the full travel. The owners manual even calls for 116PS. It just seems like it has to be really rough 3-6 inch size rocks for it be active. Would the 36 RC2 be similiar to my existing Fox. Would the fox be any different? Where I ride is very rocky because the soil errodes and there is just loose rock left.

he who goes without food
    Are you saying you ride a fox fork now and want to know how the 36 Talas RC2 compares?

Im no fox expert and I dont have much experience on the new one yet, but besides sag there is also compression and rebound damping, there are alot of adjustments on this fork Im sure others could answer better

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I also own a Santa Cruz Blur which I've owned for a few years. On that bike I have the Fox Float 100RLT. I also own a new Enduro SL. It just seems my old bike is more plush. I think the issue with the new fork might be a negative air spring that is under the cap that says DO NOT touch. My dealer is going to check that out tomorrow. I think I remember reading from some other people that the fork worked better once they changed that air pressure. All I know is that I need better small bump compliance because my trail I mainly use the bike on is not fast, but rocky as can be.

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004
    Sameish feelings here. For my 150lbs 84ish PSI, min rebound with minimum compression damping. Still told that the Spike valve shold be 75Psi. I did try 50 PSI but the fork became a bit unstable, so I need to find that sweet spot again that I did on my first set of cartridges.

Members who have read this thread: 0