Purveyor of Trail Tales!
    Aug 2005

New question here. Fork & Shock Upgrade to 2007 Enduro SL Pro?

Hey Folks,

Itís time to either service, for $250 plus lose the use of the bike for 3 weeks, or replace the fork and shock on my 2007 Enduro SL Pro. Therefore Iím going with the following components to upgrade the suspension:

ē 2011 Fox 36 160mm Talas FIT RLC fork at 4.75 lbs
    ē DT Swiss 240 Hub on a Stans Flow Rim
    ē Thomson Elite X4 Mtn Stem in a 1-1/8 0 degree 50mm x 31.8
    ē Pushed 2011 RockShox Monarch RT3 w/the big hit kit installed

Iíve ordered everything but the shock is backordered so I thought, since I have a moment, Iíd ask if any of you have experience with this upgrade on a 2007-2009 Enduro SL that originally came with a E-150 Fork and a AFR Shock?

Iím hoping to reduce the current weight on the bike by just over a pound when weíre done. That seems like it should be easy to do since Specialized has the weight on the E-150 at 5.72 lbs. They donít show a weight for the AFR Shock so I wonít know if there will be a weight savings or gain in that replacement until the job is completed. They also donít share the weight of their 25mm hub so that is an open question as well.

Thanks, in advance, for sharing your experience and knowledge!

Michael
    If you can't keep the rubber side down......at least smile for the camera!

mtbr member
    Manitou Evolver ISX-6

3 or 4 of us (that I know of) on this forum have it on our Enduro SL. Its like magic. Rights all of the wrongs for the AFR and also fixes complaints commonly mentioned with Air Shocks. I can't sing its praises enough.

bikewagon.com used to run a killer deal on them. I'd give them a call and see what they can do. But its worth it even without a deal.

It has a piggyback chamber on it so I'm sure that it weighs more than the AFR. But who cares?

*I also had Specialized custom tune my E-150 with their S-Tune service. They put some new parts in it, put in a lighweight spring to suit my weight, did the Mick Mod, and fixed the problems I had which were:

1. Too linear/overcompensated with too much travel.

2. the rebound never felt hard enough even on full fast. Because of this, the front end didn't feel very positive and it was difficult to loft the front wheel over obstacles or for quick line changes.

My E-150 is now perfect.

Purveyor of Trail Tales!
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chameleoneel
    Manitou Evolver ISX-6....
    Hey Mr. Eel,

Thanks for that suggestion; I'll take a look at those!

Michael
    If you can't keep the rubber side down......at least smile for the camera!

mtbr member
    Alternative shock for Enduro SL

HELP: Manitou Evolver isx-6 setup

*If you get one, a good starting point for main chamber air pressure is your bodyweight/weight when full geared. Its a weird shock that even when set perfectly, won't sag like you are used to and will likely feel too firm with the seat test. but get on the bike and ride it. Magic.