mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Fork for '07 Stumpy FSR Pro ?

I posted this in the shocks & suspension forum and I haven't gotten any feedback so I figured I wouldn't be too far out of line repeating it here if anyone can give me any advice. I lucked out and I am getting an '07 Stumpjumper Pro frame at a really good price. It will be my first FS bike. I have been looking at the Fox Talas 32 RLC that is normally sold with that bike and I am leaning toward getting that. OTOH, I live in South FL and I don't know that I would use the adjustable travel. So I am considering the Fox F32 120RLC which has 120mm travel and no travel adjustment. The F32 is about $75 cheaper and I figure less features means less stuff to go wrong. Anyone have any advice as to which of the two forks would be best for me to buy and why ?

TIA

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Go the F120

I have an 07 stumpy expert and am thinking of swapping from the talas to the F120.
    Please see Fork/Shocks thread for reasons
    Uppo

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

other views

Try this link for other peoples views on the talas, most of them seem to love it.
    Where's the Fox Talas on 2008 Stumpjumper???
    Its very much a individual preference thing.
    I got the stumpy after riding a giant XTC hardtail with a 80mm fork.
    Its steering was super quick, awesome for single track, which is why I ride so much in the 100 setting on the talas
    Uppo

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uppo
    Try this link for other peoples views on the talas, most of them seem to love it.
    Where's the Fox Talas on 2008 Stumpjumper???
    Its very much a individual preference thing.
    I got the stumpy after riding a giant XTC hardtail with a 80mm fork.
    Its steering was super quick, awesome for single track, which is why I ride so much in the 100 setting on the talas
    Thanks for the link and the personal experience. I had done a lot of searching but I had missed that thread. I have an extra Vanilla RLC coil @ 100mm that I will throw on the frame just to get it going. I will see how it rides with that but based on everything I have read I guess I will go with the Talas. I am not that concerned with the added weight and I would like to have the versatility. Your input helped me to make the decision so thanks again.

Just Wanna Ride!
    Feb 2004
    The bike is designed around 120. I had an expert with a talas and found that I would sometimes adjust to 80mm for longer climbs, and would extend to 140mm for long downhill sections, but that the bike handled better all-round when set at 120.

If your riding is XC oriented, then I would look for an F120 if you can find a deal. Lightest 120mm fork and still stiff enough for trail riding.

You can't go wrong either way. Both are great forks and $75 would buy a new set of tires....

Make some music
    Sep 2004

120 or 130

120mm or 130mm forks should work great w/ that frame. Check here too. http://www.greenfishsports.com/index...S&Category=266

Lots a good deals and selection. '06 Manitou Minute for one.
    J.O.R.B.A. More than just tm. WWW.JORBA.ORG

Just Wanna Ride!
    Feb 2004
    That manitou fork is a great deal. That's a really good fork for $279!.