Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

Fork for 06 enduro S-W

My Pikes (team) will be used for now but I want light weight and something that drops to a lower height for climbing what are the alternatives, the Fox are way too much so what are the correct Marzochi's to use or any others?

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=catnash]...the Fox are way too much...QUOTE]

If you're dropping the coin on S-Works, I don't understand your complaint about cost. If you want adjustable ride hight, the 36 Talas is probably the best thing going...Zokes AM1 is going to be second, and the lack of through axle is a part of the reason. If your not too rough a rider, the AM1 is a darn good ride and has on-the-fly adjustability - the best out there. However, its in no way going to match the Talas 36 rigidity / weight ratio. If cost is a concern, I say don't get the Sworks, just get the regular enduro and put the cash to a Talas 36.
    -kcavt

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Is it possible to put a boxxer ride on the 2006 enduro sx trail without voiding the warranty? If u want lighter you will need to get less travel. Check if there are any used fox 36's on ebay or in the classifieds.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozo
    Is it possible to put a boxxer ride on the 2006 enduro sx trail without voiding the warranty? If u want lighter you will need to get less travel. Check if there are any used fox 36's on ebay or in the classifieds.
    I'm 90% sure the dual crown issue voids the warranty...check with speshy though.

There's definitely some used 36's out there, but remember that lots of people had issues with the Talas mechanism, if that's what he's interested in. The updated build I'm sure is better, but as for last year's version (the original), search the threads and you'll see lots of people who took a few rides and had to send it back. I would be furious if I spent that kind of money and had to send it back for a well know problem. Like I said though, this year is round 2 for the fork, and I'm sure is improved.

As for myself, I'm going to the Van 36 partly for the very reasons of last years problems. I just don't want the hassle.

-kcavt

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

frame

overall my parts i have are so good they are coming off my frame and it's the only way to get the bike in the uk. I wouldnt get the money back on m components by going cheaper. ie. Crossmax XL, Atlas cranks, X9 thompson x4 CF bar, etc etc.