mtbr member

Fitting 2.35 Blue Groove or Nevegal on 06 Stumpy FSR

Has anyone put a 2.35 Blue Groove or Nevegal on their 06 Stumpy FSR?

I'm thinking of swapping out my Resolutions to try other tires, and want to go a touch wider. But the seat stays are already pretty close to the 2.0 Resolutions. Wondering if anyone has tried the two tires above on their Stumpy? Please let me know if they fit, and if you liked them.

I ride in lower NY State and in Maryland, so I'm hitting hardpack and babyheads, with short but steep and intense climbs through rocks and roots, you name it...

mtbr member
    Well, not a 2.3, but I run 2.1 nevegals, and they work great for me in the SF Bay Area. I now put a SB8 in the rear because I can afford to trade the traction for speed in our summers! Nevegals are awesome, you should be very happy with them. As for the Blue Grooves, well, I'll let others post their opinions!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    My friend has nevegals 2.35 on his 06 stumpy expert. You'll be fine!

mtbr member
    I run the 2.1 nevegal on the back and 2.1 blue groove on the front.. They are totally predictable and provide good grip for round where I am. It is Sand/Mud/Dust depending on the amount of cloud. What am I going to get next... Probably the same, and try and notubes them!
    Building: ​Boardman 2010 HT Pro
    Current Joy: '11 Giant Anthem X
    Previous Joy: '09 Commencal Meta 5 VIP