Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Big Hittin'

The First Enduro Converted to "Evo"

Got my "evo" shock today from a member. alil bit of wiggling around and i got her in!

the ride report is gunna have to wait i still got 2 feet of snow outside, BUT, just from rolling and bouncing around inside i can tell its super plush compared to the rp2bv.

im on my way out so i still gotta fiddle with the rebound and LSC settings. ill be back a bit later with a report.

29er's are Goofy

I'm with stupid
    looks good.

mtbr member
    That is a killer looking bike, i bet it performs alright too

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    How did you like my packing job

Big Hittin'
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr1000dave
    How did you like my packing job
    quality.
    29er's are Goofy

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    So what exactly do you need to put this shock on? I still haven't taken my shock assembly apart, so i do not know what is different.

Big Hittin'
    you need a evo shock with custom "clevis wishbone" peice. its shorter.

this came directly off a new enduro evo.
    29er's are Goofy

Big Hittin'
    cant get over how much plusher it is that the rc2. even tho it def wieghs a few pounds more. (weight watchers wont like it too much). but im goin for more am/dh bike so its perfect.

cant weight to rip this up once snow melts.

still have not set up sag and rebound yet. looks like should be ok tho. again ill have to update you guys on ride alil later.
    29er's are Goofy

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    There are two primary reasons I am considering this:
    1) pressure depends upon temperature, which here in TX can go from 74 to 19 in two days, which makes a huge impact on performance.
    2) coil is much more reliable and simply to check/adjust in my opinion, not to mention the ease of service in comparison to air.

The Other Dude
    That thing looks like a ripper! Nice job!
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

Fat Skis/Fat Tires
    Quote Originally Posted by nokfir2

the ride report is gunna have to wait i still got 2 feet of snow outside
    Send it to me and I'll provide a ride report, it was 70 degrees here today and no clouds in the forecast for at least 5 days!

Looks badass though, I can't wait until that kit is available.

The Unaffiliated
    Oct 2009
    How quick was the swap? I'm thinking that having both air and coil options might be nice.

Big Hittin'
    speedolife- this is my first coil, but yes it is def super easy to adjust, i was always fiddling with the rp2

el castigador- FU lol. yea i no it sucks around here, im loosing my mind (and getting fatter). i may have to take it for a snow ride (which sucks) or at least play in the street lol.

thrasher- swap took about 20 min. its a pretty tight squeeze over the rp2. making to really anoying to place these 2 little washers in between the clevis piece and shock mount piece. i figure if you do this regualary should only take ya 10 min or so.
    29er's are Goofy

Big Hittin'
    only other little minor prob u run into is that the "sagotron" marks will be off when u install this shock. i didnt take a pic of it but i think i can remove the sagotron sticker from the seat tube and move it down to match the etching on the clevis piece. let you know how this works out later.

its a minor prob but i like the convience of the on the fly adjusting.
    29er's are Goofy

eBiker
    Your current spring rate and sag point may be the reason it feels so "plush" inside your house. Great for All Home riding

Looks great!

Can you point out the different bits & details between the air & coil parts?

P

Big Hittin'
    like i said i havnt had to time to measure sag, adjust spring and rebound. will do this tn when i get home. but just by feel i believe it ok and has ok sag. i only bolted it up bounced around and had to go

the ONLY different piece is the wishbone clevis piece. Since the coil shock is longer in length, it requires a shorter clevis piece.

the rp2 length is shorter in length so it has a longer clevis piece found on non-evo enduros
    29er's are Goofy

Big Hittin'

29er's are Goofy

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Can you weight both please

Big Hittin'
    i already installed the coil so cant wiegh that.

the rp2 feeels super light..............the dhx def has 2-3 pounds on it.
    29er's are Goofy

The Unaffiliated
    Oct 2009
    Anybody have a guess as to how much this "conversion kit" will cost from Specialized?

I am going to guess somewhere in the ballpark of TRIPLE the cost of the shock + manufacturing/assembly of the wishbone part.

EDIT: Also, since the Enduro EVO's are shipping, what is keeping us from having our Specialized dealers order a part for the EVO and put it on a non-EVO model?

UNDEAD
    Wow I like

Can't be 2-3lbs...gotta be more like 1
    Need riding impressions...I bet small bump compliance is awesome.
    Climbing though would suffer so it def as it's pos and negs.

Looks sick tho!
    Nice job
    2013 Specialized Enduro Expert
    Bronco D-handle square point Shovel

Big Hittin'
    its seemed really heavy when i was comparing both in my hand.

theres still snow here. im gunna try and go for a quick ride after work just to see whatsup. yea. ittl prob bob more than the rp2. sorry for the lack of info guys, but it is feb durign the worst winter in ny lol.
    29er's are Goofy

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thrasher_s
    Anybody have a guess as to how much this "conversion kit" will cost from Specialized?

I am going to guess somewhere in the ballpark of TRIPLE the cost of the shock + manufacturing/assembly of the wishbone part.

EDIT: Also, since the Enduro EVO's are shipping, what is keeping us from having our Specialized dealers order a part for the EVO and put it on a non-EVO model?
    I'd bet $20 that they won't even let you order it. They wouldn't even sell me a $60 chainguide from an epic evo.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nokfir2
    the ONLY different piece is the wishbone clevis piece. Since the coil shock is longer in length, it requires a shorter clevis piece.

the rp2 length is shorter in length so it has a longer clevis piece found on non-evo enduros
    Are you sure the shock is actually longer? They are both supposed to be 8.5 eye to eye based on the Specialized website.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Looks good. Welcome to the coil club.

Yeah I feel ya, the snow has melted at my elevation but its freezing balls so I'm staying inside.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast