dog lover-not in that way

Finally in: Roval Control SL 135mm Wheelset

I ordered a set when they first appeared on the Specialized site and finally got them. Here are a few pic's:

One thing I thought was odd is that the red spokes are bladed, but the black ones are round.

The hub engagement is the same as my 2010 non-carbon version.

I weighed them and with rim strips and valve stems they were 1234 grams. I haven't mounted up the tires yet so all I can share is pictures at this point.
    Last edited by 417markg; 01-07-2011 at 11:26 AM.

mtbr member
    Pictures don't work

Maybe now?

Mountain Man Dan
    They work now. Nice rims.
    The bike is nothing more then circles turning circles, It's the human motor that makes it elegant.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Nice! What bike are these for?

Trying not to kill myself
    Great looking rims - congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Kealoha
    Nice! What bike are these for?
    2010 S-Works Epic. Plan on using them only for racing, but I've said that before.....

Buying them kind of committed me to staying on my bike for another year. I was on the fence about selling my bike and going with the new S-Works Epic 29er but could never get a test ride on a medium (to see what the difference is) so I decided to upgrade the wheelset and stick with it.

I put posted a review of my year on the bike on my blog. I got my suspension parts back from service yesterday. They sent a new rear shock because they lost my old one and the fork is not the one I sent in. The one I received has way more scratches than my old one did. Doesn't really matter though. Plus they put a rubber ring on the stanchion for setting sag which is nice.

Bike Addiction
    Quote:"I got my suspension parts back from service yesterday. They sent a new rear shock because they lost my old one and the fork is not the one I sent in."

Can we ask who lost your shock and replaced fork? Just curious, am getting close to service for both mine.

EDIT: I found my answer on your blog. Nice rig.
    Disclaimer: Always get a second opinion cause I'm just guessing

Quote Originally Posted by 00sable
    Quote:"I got my suspension parts back from service yesterday. They sent a new rear shock because they lost my old one and the fork is not the one I sent in."

Can we ask who lost your shock and replaced fork? Just curious, am getting close to service for both mine.
    Whatever north american service center they sent them to. When the shop got the box back it only had the fork in it. When they called the service center they said "are you sure the shock isn't in the box?". "Ummm, yeah I'm sure!". So they said they'd look for it. Then called back and said they couldn't find it so they were sending a new one.

I've seen a similar story on here so they may have a minor inventory tracking problem....

I installed the 36t upgrade kit to the new wheelset today (http://www.dtswiss.com/Products/Acce...chet-hubs.aspx).

It took all of 5 minutes and doubled the engagement. For $25 it was a no-brainer.

mtbr member
    How much?

Erik

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 417markg View Post
    I ordered a set when they first appeared on the Specialized site and finally got them. Here are a few pic's:

One thing I thought was odd is that the red spokes are bladed, but the black ones are round.

The hub engagement is the same as my 2010 non-carbon version.

I weighed them and with rim strips and valve stems they were 1234 grams. I haven't mounted up the tires yet so all I can share is pictures at this point.

Mark, any update after a full season of abuse ?

@whtdel They've held up very well and I'm really happy with them. The front got slightly out of true last month after a 12hour race on a course with lots of goatheads, but was easy to fix.

There's a scratch on one of the sidewalls that's just through the clearcoat, but structurally they are perfect.

I spent a lot of money on the bike last winter and this was by far the best upgrade.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Nice to hear !!! I've just ordered a set ... that I intend to use with 9/10 mm T-A and OS end caps. At 150 #, this set-up should be stiff enough for me ! (coming from Al, 24 mm rims)