mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Finally got some rides in on the new Epic!

Well, new to me at least. It's a 2006 Marathon. Nothing fancy-XT here and there, Rockshox SID and some OEM strokers from an online store- but, coming from someone who has only ridden hardtails and BMX bikes, it sure is fun as hell

Now if the weather would cooperate... I've got one ride in on a rough trail during the brief warm/dry spell, but, low and behold, it snowed again and I am again relegated to flat stuff in town. Worst case is MOAB in a few weeks, so I guess it's not that bad

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Nice looking bike. Seems to be in great shape for a 2006. I'm looking at a niner jet 9 vs. a specialized epic. I am hoping for some nice days here on the front range to try them out. Enjoy the 60 degree weather we are supposed to get this week.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    How do you like the anno frame? I have the same bike, love it, but debating if I keep it as a spare.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Are you asking if I like the anodizing on the frame? I do, I guess. The matte black looks sweet and is resilient. I don't know how that could make or break a decision about whether to keep a bike as a backup, but I hope that helps!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoulderMike
    Are you asking if I like the anodizing on the frame? I do, I guess. The matte black looks sweet and is resilient. I don't know how that could make or break a decision about whether to keep a bike as a backup, but I hope that helps!
    i prefer the look of your frame to my 2008 epic comp, i upgraded from a 07 giant yukon fx that was b/w which i prefer, but they tell me i have a better frame. if it ever stops raining i can take the bike in the woods and find out

i like blue, i just need to add some blue stuff, tool bag or seat, i wanted to get a giant trance or anthem, but i think i'll out grow the like of giant. i have an 03 trek 5600 i prefer to my 07 giant tcr advanced. wife has specialized hybrid, so now we're catching up
    Look to where the river ends, or where the river starts...

mtbr member
    May 2010
    got back into MBing after a long time and finished building my epic last week (nothing fancy) and finally took it for a ride. Huge difference coming from a HT. Love it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Finally got some rides in on the new Epic!-dsc01667.jpg  

07 Specialized Epic
    www.gcandcbuilders.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by keoni
    got back into MBing after a long time and finished building my epic last week (nothing fancy) and finally took it for a ride. Huge difference coming from a HT. Love it
    i have the same frame and same mini silver flash light

took my epic in the woods yesterday. one of my 1st time in woods, 1st time with this bike at this place (allaire, nj)
    i like blue, so don't mind the blue in the fox fork, but imho you frame w/black fork/ wheel set looks great. enjoy

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    MOAB this weekend! Can't wait to rip around on this thing out there.

Sad side note, I have some play from ovaling in the carbon link and I have to get a new one. Anyone else had to replace this? I imagine those around my model year will be needing them soon.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I just picked up this 07 Epic expert , my primary bike before was a Stumpy HT comp. I love the HT but this Epic is a blast to ride. Bobbing is a non-factor and when I stomp it it takes off like a croch-rocket. Love this bike!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Finally got some rides in on the new Epic!-best.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoulderMike
    MOAB this weekend! Can't wait to rip around on this thing out there.

Sad side note, I have some play from ovaling in the carbon link and I have to get a new one. Anyone else had to replace this? I imagine those around my model year will be needing them soon.
    wtf carbon link? is it part of the brain which i heard can be problematic?

Quote Originally Posted by Special eyes

I just picked up this 07 Epic expert
    orange and black bike looks cool. those are my town colors

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jkmacman
    wtf carbon link? is it part of the brain which i heard can be problematic?

No, the brain works fine. I have an Sworks carbon 4-bar link - that piece that attaches to the seat tube, seatstays, and shock. After so many years ridden by a previous owner who doesn't understand how loose parts wear, it has ovaled eyelets.

mtbr member
    can they get it fixed/repaired/repalced before moab? my neighbor was just telling me last night there bro lives in MOAB UT

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I sure hope so. They (Sports Garage) claim they can, and they've been pretty righteous so far.

Members who have read this thread: 0