mtbr member

FENDERS for Enduro 2007

OK, I just got a beautiful brown anodized S-works 2007 Enduro. I live between Vancouver BC and Seattle, WA so you can just guess what the mud and mud-puddles are like. Today, when I was descending 'the ridge trail' I was getting so much mud in my eyes that I could hardly see.

In the past, I've always ridden Kona bikes and I've always used fenders. I have some old 00 or 02 Enduro fenders (4 of them!) that are killer but the mounting expansion thingy won't fit in a Talas steerer tube. grrrrrrrr!! I don't really want to put a star nut in there so what other options do I have? There's one company (local) that uses a screw, some rubber tubing, a nut, and when you compress that it's supposed to be snug. $30 for a 'star nut alternative' though... Anyway, what are you using?

ALSO - in the S-works thread there are some cool looking enduro rear fenders that might help save my rear shock a bit. What/where are those from??

Thanks!!!!!
    Clay

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    check out Specialized.com for the rear fenders ( under mtb parts I think ) Dan