Binge Rider

New question here. Fenders for 04 Sworks Enduro?

This will be my first winter riding on my Enduro S-Works (2004). Anyone have any suggestions on what fenders work the best? How useful is the shock fender/protector? I will be riding in Europe this winter where it will be wet, muddy, with some snow. Any suggestions or pictures on fenders and other wet weather protection I would appreciate. Also, any particular booties I should be looking at? Thanks.
    Last edited by Spine Shank; 09-12-2005 at 12:20 AM. Reason: forgot a item
    "Courage is fear holding on a minute longer" General Patton

[SIZE="1"]CAUTION: ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION CONFUSES ME[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Check out specialized.com or....

Quote Originally Posted by Spine Shank
    This will be my first winter riding on my Enduro S-Works (2004). Anyone have any suggestions on what fenders work the best? How useful is the shock fender/protector? I will be riding in Europe this winter where it will be wet, muddy, with some snow. Any suggestions or pictures on fenders and other wet weather protection I would appreciate. Also, any particular booties I should be looking at? Thanks.
    Check out specialized.com or contact a local specialized dealer. I have the 03 Enduro Pro and I purchased the '03 Enduro Fender set from specialized.com approx $45 (US). They fenders are made to fit the specialized frame. Comes with Front, rear and downtube. If you have a Marz fork then the specialized front fender will not work. See my attached pic:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Binge Rider

Back from the dead

Thanks, I thought this thread was dead and gone. I appreciate the follow up. I will talk to the Specialized dealer and see what he says. Did you just get them or did you get them in '03? Their web site list '02 and earlier (not quite what I would want) and the '05 stuff. Nothing about '03. Thanks again. Spine Shank

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Bought mine in 2003

Thanks, I thought this thread was dead and gone. I appreciate the follow up. I will talk to the Specialized dealer and see what he says. Did you just get them or did you get them in '03? Their web site list '02 and earlier (not quite what I would want) and the '05 stuff. Nothing about '03. Thanks again. Spine Shank
    I bought mine in 2003 from specialized.com; however, the picture of the '05 Fenders on their website appear to be the same set that I have. From what I can see, it looks like they would fit, but your specialized dealer will know for sure.

Good luck!

-Enduro

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I think the '05s are the same as '03/'04s

I think the '05 are exactly the same as the '03 and '04 fenders. Each piece looks exactly like the ones I have. Even the decals are the same.

-Enduro

mtbr member
    I strongly suggest getting the little fender that goes behind the shock. It really helps keep mud and gunk off of the shock. I ended up scratching the body of the shock and had to have it replaced. Now I have the fender and the shock stays very clean.
    我的镀铬光泽的冰柱一样,我骑在镇附近在我的低骑手自行车

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GuruAtma
    I strongly suggest getting the little fender that goes behind the shock. It really helps keep mud and gunk off of the shock. I ended up scratching the body of the shock and had to have it replaced. Now I have the fender and the shock stays very clean.
    Can you tell me who makes these little fenders and/or where you got it? I just got a stumpy and the dealer didn't know anything about them, yet I had seen one on a stumpy and read somewhere it was a good idea to help keep the shock cleaner.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by collinja
    Can you tell me who makes these little fenders and/or where you got it? I just got a stumpy and the dealer didn't know anything about them, yet I had seen one on a stumpy and read somewhere it was a good idea to help keep the shock cleaner.

Specialized makes them:
    http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqP....jsp?spid=9848

good luck. They help a lot.
    我的镀铬光泽的冰柱一样,我骑在镇附近在我的低骑手自行车

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Attaching the Fenders. Pictures

Here are some pics of how I attached my fenders to my 03 Enduro Pro. I modified the rear fender slightly to allow for a ziptie around the seatpost tube/frame
    Attached Images Attached Images

Binge Rider

Thanks

Awesome detail, thanks man. I'll do the same. I appreciate the help, happy holidays. Spine Shank