mtbr member
    Mar 2004

EVO S-Works Shoe Sizing?

I desperately want a pair of EVO S-Works mtn bike shoes, and have had Specialized Pro and Comp mtn bike shoes for the last 5 years. I have always worn 44s, and they fit my foot nicely. I came across a good deal on a pair of brand new 43.5s, hoping they would fit, but alas, they were a little small (mostly on the side of my big toe, not necessarily the length of the shoe). So now I am worried about what size I need. I am not sure if the 44 is going to be wide/big enough in the toe box, and may elect to go with the 44.5s. But the problem is that none of the Specialized stores I have been to, stock these shoes, so no chance to try them on. So can anyone give their experiences with these, and what they have used in the past.

Thanks - BS

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Not the same shoe, same gerneral problem, little small in the toe box, I fixed it with a pair of Specialized mtb socks, 13 bucks a pair and feet fit and feel much cooler with these socks in my Specialized S Works bg fact carbon sole shoes. I would try that first, might be that simple, was for me.

mtbr member
    I experienced the same problem - too snug in the toe box. I think the EVO's can be ordered in width sizes. Something I wish I knew before.

I'll try the sock idea.