mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Eskar 2.3 Control - Size Issue

I just got an Eskar 2.3 Control. Mounted it up and it is smaller than my Captain 2.2. They are both mounted on 24mm rims. The Eskar actually is the same size as a 2.1 Fast Trak that is on my wife's bike.
    Could this tire be mismarked? Did Spec make these in a 2.1 or is the rim affecting the tire profile?

Thanks

mtbr member
    While I don't have a 2.2 Captain to compare it to, it is quite a bit larger than the 2.0 Captain, and slightly larger (going on memory) than the 2.2 Wolverine I had before.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    yeah, I just ripped off my MK 2.4 and the Eskar 2.3 They both have the same width carcas. I guess this tire just hae a really round profie so it looks small. The knobs are wide though and I assume that is where Spec measures it. I might ditch this for another Captain 2.2???

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mnigro
    I just got an Eskar 2.3 Control. Mounted it up and it is smaller than my Captain 2.2. They are both mounted on 24mm rims. The Eskar actually is the same size as a 2.1 Fast Trak that is on my wife's bike.
    Could this tire be mismarked? Did Spec make these in a 2.1 or is the rim affecting the tire profile?

Thanks
    Real common , tires are not generally what they say , the eskar does run small,
    I run the 2.5 Chunder SX tires and they are actually 2.7 ---go figure