mtbr member
    Dec 2005

ERD of Roval Traverse 2009 Rim ?

Hi there,

I have a pretty old set of E5 Roval Traverse Wheels. Front is 24 hole, rear is 28hole. I'm looking to build onto new rims, but as there straight pull, I need the original Rim ERD. Anyone know this ?

Cheers.

THAT guy
    Just measure the ERD, its fairly simple. The way I do it, is take two spokes, thread a nipple on (tightly), then cut the spoke (cutting off the spoke head). Cut them so they measure exactly 200mm in length INCLUDING the nipple. Then put them in opposing holes in the rim, pull them tight, and measure the space between the ends of the spokes. Take that and add 400mm and you will have your ERD. You can do this multiple times around the rim to get your average, if you feel the rim may be out of round.
    Edit: don't count the length of spoke that sticks out of the top of the nipple when you cut the spoke to 200mm.
    Last edited by TRY2KPUP; 11-28-2012 at 01:39 PM.
    Bikes:
    2010 Spec Enduro comp.
    2013 Specialized Demo 8 (build)

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Thanks for the method.

All sorted, Specialzied confirmed 542ERD

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Traverse 29er ERD?

I don't suppose you all know what the ERD for a 29er traverse is. I am looking at a used set but want to relace the hubs into the Chinese carbon rims. The straight pull spokes are rather pricey and I do not have the funds to pull this off if the ERDs are off to where I can't simply swap or at least cut and roll the spokes down. Thank you so much.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Trackdawson View Post
    I don't suppose you all know what the ERD for a 29er traverse is. I am looking at a used set but want to relace the hubs into the Chinese carbon rims. The straight pull spokes are rather pricey and I do not have the funds to pull this off if the ERDs are off to where I can't simply swap or at least cut and roll the spokes down. Thank you so much.
    If this is the wheel set that come on the 2013 SJ FSR Evo Expert (Carbon) the wider chinese rims fit perfectly. Been there, done that, and ain't posting pictures...

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    That is awesome, I am going to pull the trigger on those wheels then. How do you like the Chinese/hub combo?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Like x2, The bearings in those hubs are smooooooth!!

However, In my case, using the LB rims, the spokes stick out the bottom of the fancy nipples by 1 or 2 mm, which is about the same as they did on the stock rims.