Oz
    mtbr member

epic vs. stumpjumper fsr

This is my first post so forgive me if I screw this up. I am looking into purchasing a new bike and was looking at the epic and the stumpjusmper fsr. I ride mostly cross country on fire roads and a little bit of single track so I am not sure which bike is right for me. I have also looked at the santa cruz superlight as a possibility. Any thought any of you have would be appereciated.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    the SJ is good at everything, the epic is a focused xc race bike with a stiffer rear shock set up, both will do what you want well but my advice to you is to go for the stumpjumper, its just a more versitile bike, of course you should ride both to see for yourself , i have an epic

Oz
    mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. I am planning on taking both bikes for a demo ride over the next couple of weeks. Hopefully that will help me make up my mind. Right now I am riding a 1995 Cannondale F700, hardtail, so I am sure either bike would be a great bike for me.

DV

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    i mean i can picture in my head darth vader riding a bike, but its just wrong

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by darkest_fugue
    i mean i can picture in my head darth vader riding a bike, but its just wrong
    If his cape gets tangled in the cassette... ugly. Then there's the issue of frame size. A lot of mountain bikes only go up to 21". Maybe he should cross post in the Clydesdale section as well The good news, of course, is the full face helmet, with dust filter no less. It could catch on.
    To the troll mobile, away...

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    those bionic legs would be an advantage too, hed have no problem pushing benders 30 kilo behemoth up a steep hill

Calm Like a Bomb
    if you're only going to be riding fire roads and a bit of single track then the epic will suit u just fine if u are comfortable on it....but if u wanted a bike that u would have more options in riding terrain then go for the stumpy fsr
    Carbon Wilson
    Carbon Troy