mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Epic Suspension Linkage

Has anyone switched out their suspension linkage on an Epic. If so, where did you find the upgraded parts. I am having trouble locating any.

Thanks

Tribe Member

what are you looking for?

Which parts are you looking for? Right now, Specialized does not have alot of spare parts available for sale.

Let me know what you are looking for and maybe we can find them

Thanks
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I am referring to the rear link (silver piece that goes over the tire, sorry don't know a better way to describe it)?

Someone told me you can upgrade those pieces, however, it was on the trail in passing at a stop. I am not even sure if that's possible.

Thanks for the help

Ryan

mtbr member

Betd

BETD makes the linkage for the Stumpjumper I think they also do the linkage for the Epic. Do a search here for BETD and you'll get lots of info. Most of the comments have been positive

Tribe Member
    Hey Parpraks,
    Your pic did not come through. That shock link right now is not available for any Epic at this point. What year do you have? There is a carbon link that works with most models. The aluminum one is actually lighter than the carbon one. But the carbon one does have a "bling" factor to it
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    YETERICH - where can you find the carbon link for the epic? I've always wanted to change my silver link to a black one or if I could get my hands on the epic marathon carbon link, that'll be even sweeter......anybody?

No harm in trying, right?

Tribe Member
    Your LBS should be able to call Specailized and order it. They are out of stock right now though. I dont even have a part number right now. You need to have your bike model and year. I know that they make them for the 04-05 SWorks and they are supposed to fit other Epics also.

I would assume that they might be back in stock by mid summer.