Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Epic Float-R with Brain lost lock-out!

721 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Leadghost 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have an Epic S-Works '05 with a Float-R with Brain
During maintenance I've opened the shock, cleaned it and filled it with new oil (2cc of fload fluid).
So far so good, now I also opened the top cap of the brain to inspect it, some air and oil came out!

After closing the cab and putting pressure (80 Psi) on the shock, the shock lost its auto lock-out, also the SAG is bigger than before now more than 50% of the full travel, with same air pre load than before.

Now I don't see how to put back pressure (and how much) into the brain's top compartment.
Can anyone tell me how to do it, what oil to use and how much?

Is there a description somewhere available for the correct maintenance of the Brain itself?

Thanks,

Stijn

#2 ·
first, welcome to mtbr!

the "top part" (a.k.a the brain) is supposed to be serviced by Fox only and not part of the sleeve maintenance... my guess would be that you need to send it in to refill the brain...if you have never send it in before... it might be needing it by now (mostly a nitro refill)... I sent it to Toxoholics (Fox dealer here in Germany) when I had a 03 Epic and after the rebuild the rebound was much more effective than before

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.