mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Epic Exper Carbon EVO 29er - 1X10 ?

Can anyone offer a comparison to the gearing of the 1x10 set up on the Epic Expert Carbon EVO 29ír ?
    It is listed as 11-36t. I have no idea what that means. I currently run a 3x9 that came standard on my 08 Stumpjumper so could it be compared to the middle ring ?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    It comes with a 34t ring on the front which is 2t larger than most middle rings on a tripple. The rear has the 11-36 which is 2-4t larger on the low end than most 9s (most are either 11-32 or 11-34) cassettes. The crank can handle a 32t ring on the front if you'd like.

mtbr member
    I think Your mixing up the cassette(rear gears) and the chain rings(front gears). The 11-36 is the cassette and the 1x10 is the chain ring.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Yes.

Yes , It would be like riding in your middle ring all the time.
    See this link for gear comparisons: http://www.sheldonbrown.com/gears/
    Pretty good at everything, but not really good at anything!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Yea I was not thinking clearly... I was looking at the cassette specs when I listed the 11-36.
    Thanks for clearing it up.

Crank Set - Custom SRAM Carbon S-2200, 34t single ring, PF-30, removeable spider, S: 170mm, others: 175mm

Does this mean I can change out the rings based on the terrain I plan to ride?

Members who have read this thread: 0