mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Epic Comp Carbon 26 Medium

I finally received my dream bike a few days ago... I had the wheels converted to tubeless. 2x10 is working perfectly for me so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Epic Comp Carbon 26 Medium-epic-.jpg  

Epic Comp Carbon 26 Medium-epic-b.jpg  

Epic Comp Carbon 26 Medium-epic-c.jpg  

Dual Squishy...
    Sweet ride!

Ride report?

mtbr member
    excellent color combo

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    It rides fast. The SRAM custom cranks,X7 and X9 combo seems to work well with smooth gear transfers. I am still getting to grips with the fine tuning of the brain but the system is working well so far. I am pleasantly surprised with the performance of the Reba RLT rockshox. The stock tires were converted to tubeless at the LBS using Stans No Tubes, however, there seems to be a a very slow leak coming from the captain (about 5 psi per day).

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Nice ride! Whats the weight of the bike stock compared to how it is now?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    g'day. I can't give you any weights unfortunately as I don't have any scales. As far as upgrades go I have not changed much so far. I have upgraded the bars to the Easton EC 90 riser - which fits my shoulder width better and is also light. I have also opted for the armadillo LK fast trak both front and back which are heavier than the sworks that came with the bike but they were just too thin for the terrain i ride and kept getting flats from prickles (i'm running tubeless). In the next few weeks I should be able to place an order for the carbon rovals as the stock wheel set is pretty average. Apart from that the stock set up is not too bad, but then again its all relative to what you have had before. I intend on slowly upgrading everything as it wears out, rather than waste what I already have. I will post some new photos when I get the rovals.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    by the way, its good to see some talk about 26ers again as these forums seem saturated with 29ers these days!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    hello ,
    I'm also on the way for an Epic but still hesitating between S or M .
    For my information , what's your height and your inseam ?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    check out previous posts under my name and you will find a thread i started when i was deciding what size to get. I eventually decided on a medium. i did require a shorter stem to make it fit. basically i think i could have made either size work with minor adjustments.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by goatbythehorns View Post
    by the way, its good to see some talk about 26ers again as these forums seem saturated with 29ers these days!
    '02 Rockhopper Comp
    '11 Specialized Epic Comp 26

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by goatbythehorns View Post

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I just ordered a 2011 26er epic comp this weekend. The shop I went to didnt have any 26er in stock so they sized me for a 29er and I ordered a Large. I am approximately 5'11-6-1, with long legs.
    Transition Covert FTW