Singletrack Addict!!!

Enduro warranty question/problem

Hi guys,

I have a 2001 enduro, the front triangle is black/blue, noted recently that below the black paint there are like bubbles or corrossion, like aluminum corrodes. Paint hasn't peeled yet, and I don't want to peel it, but my guess is the aluminum is in fact corroding. Does anyone know if this is covered by the warranty? I think it should be covered by "defects in materials", and if its corrosion it could represent a material failure with time, making the bike a potential hazard. Also it is only happening on the black painted side which is odd. Any comments/help. Has this happened to someone?

mtbr member
    I had a 2000 Enduro comp that did the same thing. In 2002 local dealer claimed Specialized would not provide warranty replacement. Earlier this year the frame cracked in the seat tube area near the seat post collar. Specialized replaced with a 2004 Enduro Pro frame. Corrosion/ pitting appeared to be caused by a material defect or process problem. The paint was intact with no flaking and it only became noticeable because of the blistering caused by exfoliation of the corroded aluminum. Pursue warranty with your LBS and elevate it directly with Specialized if you do not get satisfaction. Or WAIT for it to crack ......

Silence! I kill you!
    I had an '03 Enduro, didn't get the bubbles, but mine cracked right at the seatpost collar, and I got it warrentied w/o any problems.
    My Website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

My Recent Shoots
    The Blog

Sweat is just fat crying.

Did they...

Quote Originally Posted by jorgemonkey
    I had an '03 Enduro, didn't get the bubbles, but mine cracked right at the seatpost collar, and I got it warrentied w/o any problems.
    ...send you a swingarm as well, or just the frame?

Same crack here.

fp
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte

Same crack here.
    I've cracked two Enduro frames just above the weld on the seatpost mount. In both cases, Specialized replaced the entire frame (including the swingarm assembly).

Silence! I kill you!

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte

Same crack here.

fp
    When mine cracked on the weld where the seatpost collar sits, they sent me out an '04 Enduro Pro frame, instead of the '03 Comp that I had. I was pretty happy with that. (The new frame that is)
    My Website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

My Recent Shoots
    The Blog