Thread: Enduro verse SX

GreeneDog

Enduro verse SX

I ride a 07 SX Trail 3. It's my only bike. So its my do all bike. The last few years I have had DH, FR and now this SX. I may be getting a crash replacement for the SX. I am being given the option of a new SX or Enduro. The bottom line is I know I will love the ability to ride more pedally XC stuff but what about going to Slopes and doing all day DH/FR runs?

I live in he Northeast and ride Highland mountain if it helps anyone understand what I am riding. Thanks.
    2012 Specialized Enduro Expert EVO
    2012 Specialized Status 2
    2007 Specialized SX
    2007 Specialized P1 Cromo

mtbr member
    See my points in this thread:

Pitch/Stump/Enduro

It may help. For the record, I live/ride in the Northeast as well...

Edit: If you go the Enduro route, I highly suggest the Evo.
    Last edited by SurfSailRide; 11-06-2010 at 01:04 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    The new sx trail is even more capable at dh/fr stuff then your 2007. So it will be a good step in that direction. The new enduro has a slacker headtube, and a more overall slack geo. I just test rode the new enduro evo and thats one sick bike, the raised headtube is a big plus going dh, and the bike feels alive, easy to jump with. Yet you can still pedal up hill with it, take it to the slopes and do whatever with it.

But if I had to chose I would go with the new sx trail; 180mm of travel, 2.5" shock stroke , slacker headtube, good geo. And you can put a single crown for your trail rides and put a dual crown when you hit the slopes. If you love to ride aggressive, and only want one bike to do it all, this is it.

But I would go test ride the new enduro, then ride the sx trail. Up to you cause an enduro will take the abuse as well.