mtbr member

Enduro Taco Blade Removal

Hey guys. Just picked up my new Comp today (super stoked!). I got a super deal on a XX1 group set and jumped on it. I'm going to install it in about a week. I didn't see a spacer in the goody bag when I got it the bike home. Should the spacer come in the kit, or is it purchased separately? Thanks guys!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Spacer should be in bag. It just looks like a thick silver washer. It was a pain to get in my S-works frame as I think it was a hair thicker than the taco.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Yea it's not there. Talked to the LBS and no love there either. I'm going to have them order one through their parts and warranty rep. Kinda pisses me off. I had to ask for the bag that has the 4x cable retainers in it. When I asked they looked at me like I grew two heads...then they found it. When I told them I was going to route my stealth dropper cable the said it couldn't be done w/o drilling! a hole. When I told them about the cable hole they again looked at me like I just grew two heads. Their head mechanics didn't believe me so he busts out his Park Tool Allen wrench, pops the cable retainer off, and discovered it for himself.

They're nice guys, but if it wasn't for this forum I'd be struggling with clustered together compromises made by my LBS's ignorance. O'well.

Hey BTW, does anyone know if Pike supplied the tokens for the fork, or are thy purchased separately?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Hearing stuff like this always makes me cringe. No shop should be selling products worth many thousands of dollars and not know this stuff. Heck, they have access to the interweb too, if I ran a shop you better believe I would want to know every issue people were finding with the brands I sold.

As for the Pike, the 160 travel version comes with no tokens installed, since that is the base tune at that travel. If you didn't get them in the box, I imagine they are right next to that taco spacer They are cheap though, so I'd just order some. The forks bought aftermarket do come with 2 in the box.