Is flexy

Enduro Suspension set-up

Well... I pulled the trigger and ordered a 06 S-works enduro. I'm trying to get an idea of how people have their suspensions set-up for general AM-ish riding. I'm about 190 geared up and the bike has a DHX 5.0 and a 36RC Talas. I'm used to setting up 9" travel DH bikes so I'm slightly clueless when it comes to a "normal" suspension set-up. Thanks in advance for the help.
    Good People... www.efingersports.com

mtbr member
    May 2006
    do search in this forum and you'll find a good thread where a bunch of people put in their numbers and thoughts. I've got an 06 like yours and it took forever to get setup in a happy place. i'm pretty much the same weight as you and ride about 195bs of pressure in the rear. i have the the bottom out dialled all the way in and the propedal either all they way + or - depending on the type of riding. the propedal really does nothing in between full positive or full negative. i tend to have pretty quick rebound for normal riding. when i do shuttle runs i soften the bike up and slow the rebound down. I swear for the first 2 months i rode onhanded carrying a shockpump in the other hand until i got it figured out

mtbr member
    go to Fox racing's web site, find the manual for your shocks. It will show you how to set your sag. There should be charts to help for your wieght to psi in the shock. Then just trail tune from there. Air shocks are real easy to setup. All they require are a high pressure pump.

mtbr member
    I have an 07 Enduro (same frame I think). I'm running just slightly under naked body weight (210psi for 213lbs) in the back shock (DHX air 5.0) and 100 psi in my Talas 36 that came on it. Seems to be a great balance.

You stink
    Oct 2005
    I have two enduro's. 1 is an 07 elite and the other an 07 S-Works. Both are st up completely different. The S-Works is set up perfect. I weigh 192 with gear and ride a medium. I run 170 in the 5.0 PP in middle and Bottom out two clicks from tight. I run the fork at 60 the rebound 5 clicks from slow and the High speed three clicks and the low speed four clicks. I found that when I set it up like my other one which is by the recomendations it was way too harsh and the sag was way too little. I ran into a guy who told me to soften it up and use all the travel according to my riding style with a little room for error. The bike now soaks up everything with out brake dive or bottoming out. I also rin 26psi in the front tire and 29 in the rear. I can climb better on this thing than on any bike I have ever owned and going down is effortless. Why they stopped making these bikes I will forever wonder.
    Running the rebound on the fork slightly faster than normal gave me the ability to tighten the compression a bit so I didn't loose small bump sensitivity as well. Since you are close to my weight give it a try it can't hurt. It may feel soft but ride it first then judge. Oh yea, I run the bike in the steep mode, the slack adapter made me bottom out more and when I put in more air I lost small bump stuff in the rear.
    Less Talkie Talkie, More Ping Pong!