mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Enduro SL's w/ different suspensions ?

Any Enduro SL owners ditch the E150 / AFR for a different set-up ? I am looking @ purchasing an SL frame and installing an RP23 in the rear and running a Pike Dual Air up front. Thanx

mtbr member
    Maybe you should consider a Pitch. Unless you are going for the carbon enduro frame.

mtbr member
    Yeah - the Pike might be a little short. What about a Lyrik or a Fox 36?
    Building: ​Boardman 2010 HT Pro
    Current Joy: '11 Giant Anthem X
    Previous Joy: '09 Commencal Meta 5 VIP

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    yeah like Tony mentioned, the Pike will give you a steeper head angle and lower your BB.

I run a Lyrik and Fox RP23 on my Enduro SL. She's been happy and going strong ever since!

The new 08 Fox 36 also looks like a killer fork.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial
    Maybe you should consider a Pitch. Unless you are going for the carbon enduro frame.
    It would be a Carbon SL - but why a Pitch or carbon ? What is the axle to crown height on the stock E150 ? Thanx

he who goes without food
    TALAS 36 works great

Just Wanna Ride!
    Feb 2004
    If you already have the Pike, then run with it. The Pike will steepen up the head tube by around 1 degree and lower the bb, but it would make for a great long travel XC bike! BB will drop but will still be higher than on the SJ - should be ok even with the longer travel.

I say ride it. Pike, Lyric, Fox 36 - the bike will rock, it will just handle a little differently than with the 150.

You could always ebay the Pike and trade up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by keen
    It would be a Carbon SL - but why a Pitch or carbon ? What is the axle to crown height on the stock E150 ? Thanx
    Just figured I'd throw it out there since it's a new model that looks pretty much like an enduro with a pike on it already. There is no pitch equivalent to the carbon enduros though so nevermind.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have run a Float & Vanilla 36, Z1 FR 1, and the Pike on my last few bikes. I think I prefer the Pike overall. If I hadn't run a Pike Dual Air i'd probably think it was sub par to the larger 6" forks but it holds its own. I was also really concerned w/ a 517 a-c height i'd be running steep - the dual air rides high in its travel. Now if the Lyric was a dual air I might take a look in its direction. Does anyone know the E 150 a-c height ? Thanx

mtbr member
    I have a marzo 66 waiting in the wings for when the e150 blowwwwwws
    I'm [SIZE="4"]GNARcissistic[/SIZE]