Let's roll.

Enduro SL for XL rider?

Hi all-

I'm researching AM bikes and am loving the look of the new Enduro. Seems like a solid bike and a decent choice for a regular size rider.

What about for a larger rider? Anyone out there sporting the new SL that also happens to sport extra weight? I'm 6'2, 280, so the lack of a coilover shock has me a bit concerened. I ride NW technical stuff (Oregon and Washington, so rocky/rooty stuff with some central Oregon hardpack thrown in), but I'm also looking forward to start taking ladder drops to trannnys (light, light FR).

Any thoughts? I asked my LBS about it and they kept steering me to larger, sturdier bikes (Giant Reign X1, for example). But that felt a little more FR-style than I'm looking forward to.

So...can the Enduro handle it?

mtbr member
    Dude, the bike is built to high enough specifications to where your weight wouldn't be an issue. They don't test the bikes with 150lb riders... I've seen some of their product testers at Demo on the SL, and they weren't 150lbs. I would just be careful because of the fork/shock problems everyone is currently having... It seems like too many people are losing oil/shock not holding, same with the fork. So, hopefully this helps? Btw, the new Giant Maestro system works really well, so I wouldn't be concerned with it's pedaling efficiency. Surprising, even the Nomad, too!