mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Enduro SL Warrany? I'm 2nd owner....

Hey guys. I'm anxiously awaiting my Enduro SL Pro that I purchased from a board member here through eBay --- should come in on Friday .

If I have issues with my bike, will I have any warranty? The Specialized site says the warranty applies to the "original owner"...I didn't see this until AFTER I bought the bike ---- does this mean that if my E150 dies, im pretty much screwed? The bike has NOT been registered to anyone yet--not sure if that changes things.

Thanks all --- I'm probably just worrying myself to death here because I don't have a bike to ride.....

The Beaver
    Do you have a specialized dealer near by? if so is that your main LBS?... if it is than they will most likly do whatever they can for you.
    Specialized P.1
    Specialized Demo

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwehahaha
    Do you have a specialized dealer near by? if so is that your main LBS?... if it is than they will most likly do whatever they can for you.
    I do have a great LBS right by me --- they couldnt find a medium SL for me, so I had to go the eBay route. I feel guilty because they don't know yet....they still think I might come back to buy the Nomad they had.

The Beaver
    yeah, they should still be nice... bcz "the customer is always right" unless they are A holes.

I am about to commit LBS treason (buying a specialized when mine only sells trek and GF)
    Specialized P.1
    Specialized Demo

Vaginatarian
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bbran33
    Hey guys. I'm anxiously awaiting my Enduro SL Pro that I purchased from a board member here through eBay --- should come in on Friday .

If I have issues with my bike, will I have any warranty? The Specialized site says the warranty applies to the "original owner"...I didn't see this until AFTER I bought the bike ---- does this mean that if my E150 dies, im pretty much screwed? The bike has NOT been registered to anyone yet--not sure if that changes things.

Thanks all --- I'm probably just worrying myself to death here because I don't have a bike to ride.....
    just go online to specialized and register it

mtbr member
    Lol, you buy it from Jut?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy_Steve
    Lol, you buy it from Jut?
    nah, one of the Cali riders here sold it to me. My bike is in the mail as we speak ---- but now a few people came into the SL thread and scared me. So since I'm the first to register it, and I have a cool LBS, I have a warranty?

Boulder, CO
    nah, one of the Cali riders here sold it to me. My bike is in the mail as we speak ---- but now a few people came into the SL thread and scared me. So since I'm the first to register it, and I have a cool LBS, I have a warranty?
    I would assume so. Get on the web site, register it and follow up with a phone call to Specialized to check their records.
    Rides:

Mountain:

2007 Specialized S-Works Enduro SL Carbon
    2000 Specialized S-Works FSR XC

Road:

2006 Pinarello Paris Carbon
    1987 Ciocc

Transports:

2004 BMW M3 Convertible
    1988 BMW M6
    1974 BMW 2002 tii

mtbr member

You're golden

So since I'm the first to register it, and I have a cool LBS, I have a warranty?
    I bought an older 02 Enduro used, and was the first to register it online. When the frame cracked, I warrantied up a new one (S-works, BTW) through my LBS. They just called Spec, asked for my name and the bike's SN, and sent one out post haste. So, if you are the 1st to register the SN through the website, then you are the 1st owner. Enjoy the ride!!

I keep inspecting my frame for cracks in hopes that Spec has run out of Enduro 130 warranty replacements and I can get a newer model.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ezduzit
    I bought an older 02 Enduro used, and was the first to register it online. When the frame cracked, I warrantied up a new one (S-works, BTW) through my LBS. They just called Spec, asked for my name and the bike's SN, and sent one out post haste. So, if you are the 1st to register the SN through the website, then you are the 1st owner. Enjoy the ride!!

I keep inspecting my frame for cracks in hopes that Spec has run out of Enduro 130 warranty replacements and I can get a newer model.
    I called both my LBS and Specialized, and they both told me no warranty on the SL, even though it hasn't been registered --- but what you're telling me is that they have no way of knowing that I'm not the first owner...nice!

mtbr member
    Unless the original shop recorded who they sold it to. Not sure if that's how things work in the bike industry or not, but if I offered a warranty to the original owner, I'd mandate the sales shop register the bike with their name so I wasn't stuck with any second or third had issues.

And keep in mind that Specialized regularly visits this site, so....
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany