Thread: Enduro SL Tyres

mtbr member

Enduro SL Tyres

I am planning on putting in my order for a Carbon Pro model and just wanted some feedback on the Resolution Pro 26x2.3 Tyres.
    What does everyone think of them? How are they in the wet, and medium mud, wet roots etc.
    Are they reasonably fast rolling, or slow and heavy feeling. My preferred tyre is a Conti vertical 2.3, but I like the pattern and shape of the Resolutions so was thinking of giving them a go. Unfortunatly there isnt much information available on the 2.3 size that is Stock on the SL. So let me know what you guys that have ridden them think...

Cheers
    For me; Want and Need are much the same thing...

Boulder, CO
    Starting with the facts, the Resolution Pro is 645 grams. The Resolution Pro 2Bliss 781 grams. I got this from talking to a Specialized rep. These numbers are different from the web site.

In my opinion, the Resolution Pro does not perform well when wet or in sand. Surprisingly, it is respectable in snow. It is a relatively fast rolling tire and does a reasonable job in the mud.

I'm going to slap on a set of Maxxis High Roller 2.35 USTs next week for comparison. The weight of the 2Bliss is tempting. I

I've got a set of Continental Verticals on my FSR and found they wear very quickly, due in part to my poor braking technique.
    Rides:

Mountain:

2007 Specialized S-Works Enduro SL Carbon
    2000 Specialized S-Works FSR XC

Road:

2006 Pinarello Paris Carbon
    1987 Ciocc

Transports:

2004 BMW M3 Convertible
    1988 BMW M6
    1974 BMW 2002 tii

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004
    I have just put mine back on to compare with the nobby nics 2.25, will let ya know over the next few rides.

all your base
    While they do roll well I haven't really been pleased with the stock Resolution pro 2.3's. The front always seemed to break loose sooner than it should and it kind of made me loose my confidence for a while. Last week I replaced the front with a WTB Weirwolf Race 2.5. Don't be thrown off by the size, it's barely bigger (if at all) than the stock tire but the side nobs are WAY more agressive and it's only 736 grams according to weight weenies. The WTB totally restored my confidence in my sl and made the bike alot more fun. They make a really sweet sound when you rail turns and they always hold on longer than the rear. The rear resolution hasn't really given me any problems. Please keep in mind that I've been lucky with the weather this year and I have yet to spend a day in the mush. However, the wtb doesn't clear mud as easily as the resolution.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocroc
    I am planning on putting in my order for a Carbon Pro model and just wanted some feedback on the Resolution Pro 26x2.3 Tyres.
    What does everyone think of them? How are they in the wet, and medium mud, wet roots etc.
    Are they reasonably fast rolling, or slow and heavy feeling. My preferred tyre is a Conti vertical 2.3, but I like the pattern and shape of the Resolutions so was thinking of giving them a go. Unfortunatly there isnt much information available on the 2.3 size that is Stock on the SL. So let me know what you guys that have ridden them think...

Cheers
    I tried those tyres on a test Stumpy Expert in wet, muddy, rooty conditions and did NOT like them. I ordered my bike with Conti Vertical 2.3 tyres instead and have since done dry, rocky, wet, muddy, rooty... everything and they are very good. I may try Conti Gravity next for slightly better mud performance.

BTW I live in Scotland.

mtbr member
    I have had two rides on the Resolutions on my new SL and don't rate them highly - found they washed out on corners. Have gone back to Nobby Nic's.