mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Enduro SL Questions?

I bought my enduro sl last weak and love it, just have a few questions and was hoping some would could help me.

1. My compression and rebound dials on my fork dont turn freely of each other I have to hold one while I turn the other.

2. I would like to be able to lower my seat more is it a bad idea to cut the seat post.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by _KIRK_
    I bought my enduro sl last weak and love it, just have a few questions and was hoping some would could help me.

1. My compression and rebound dials on my fork dont turn freely of each other I have to hold one while I turn the other.

2. I would like to be able to lower my seat more is it a bad idea to cut the seat post.

Thanks
    Certainly hope that's not a Freudian typo!!
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

Purveyor of Trail Tales!
    Aug 2005

Good job! It gets better

Quote Originally Posted by _KIRK_

Thanks
    Hi Kirk,

You may cut the seat post as much as you want provided you have at least 4 inches of seat post in the seat tube when you have the seat fully extended. Iím a big fan of the Gravity Dropper seat post and have a 4 inch / 1 inch Gravity Dropper on my Enduro SL Pro. The way we use this bike richly rewards the use of a seat post like the Gravity Dropper or Maverick.

The controls you mention are pretty small for my ham fisted fingers and I have to hold on to the compression control when Iím adjusting the rebound on the fork. However when Iím just moving the compression control lever the rebound doesnít move. My bike has about 150 miles on it and both of these controls feel easier to use now than when I first got the bike.

As an Australian friend of mine likes to say: ďThis bike is the duckís nuts!Ē and I agree with him. I hope you enjoy yours.

Michael
    If you can't keep the rubber side down......at least smile for the camera!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelsnead
    Hi Kirk,

You may cut the seat post as much as you want provided you have at least 4 inches of seat post in the seat tube when you have the seat fully extended. Iím a big fan of the Gravity Dropper seat post and have a 4 inch / 1 inch Gravity Dropper on my Enduro SL Pro. The way we use this bike richly rewards the use of a seat post like the Gravity Dropper or Maverick.

The controls you mention are pretty small for my ham fisted fingers and I have to hold on to the compression control when Iím adjusting the rebound on the fork. However when Iím just moving the compression control lever the rebound doesnít move. My bike has about 150 miles on it and both of these controls feel easier to use now than when I first got the bike.

As an Australian friend of mine likes to say: ďThis bike is the duckís nuts!Ē and I agree with him. I hope you enjoy yours.

Michael
    thanks alot for the reply

Boulder, CO
    I expericenced the same condition. I noticed the rebound on the fork was difficult to move independently at first. Since I have it the way I like, I don't touch it anymore. The compression moves fine.
    Rides:

Mountain:

2007 Specialized S-Works Enduro SL Carbon
    2000 Specialized S-Works FSR XC

Road:

2006 Pinarello Paris Carbon
    1987 Ciocc

Transports:

2004 BMW M3 Convertible
    1988 BMW M6
    1974 BMW 2002 tii