The Other Dude

Enduro SL Pedals? Acids or Candys?

Ok, so i got my enduro SL pretty much setup how I want it, the final decision is my pedals. I have an extra set of Candy Ti's laying around......i have them on my epic and i love them, or i was looking into the new Crank Brothers Acid Pedals. I am weighing in at 175lbs, and because of my knees I am not too extreme, mostly aggressive XC riding, with a few jumps and drops here and there, but nothing huge (MAYBE 4 or 5 footers to a transition at the most) Whatcha guys think?

Oh yeah, the prices...... I already have the Candys, the Acid 1's would run my $86 shipped, and the Acid 2's for 149 shipped.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

just like a speeder-bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jut8
    Ok, so i got my enduro SL pretty much setup how I want it, the final decision is my pedals. I have an extra set of Candy Ti's laying around......i have them on my epic and i love them, or i was looking into the new Crank Brothers Acid Pedals. I am weighing in at 175lbs, and because of my knees I am not too extreme, mostly aggressive XC riding, with a few jumps and drops here and there, but nothing huge (MAYBE 4 or 5 footers to a transition at the most) Whatcha guys think?

Oh yeah, the prices...... I already have the Candys, the Acid 1's would run my $86 shipped, and the Acid 2's for 149 shipped.
    The clear choice: get the Acid's (and sell me your Candy Ti's for cheap ).

I do think the Acid's look (and are) more "cutting edge" or "the latest thing," which certainly goes well with your pimpin' Enduro SL. If you've got the cash, I'd say try 'em out. But I doubt there's much true performance difference -- it seems like the extra platform on the Acid's will be for support only, it doesn't look very "grippy" (like the Mallets, which let you ride without being clipped in, in a pinch).

mtbr member
    Personally, I went with the Mallets from the Candys.. They are a little more forgiving about being beaten up on rocks and stuff, and as said before, you can ride them without being clipped in!

They are slightly heavier, so if weight is a factor, then the Acid's have it over the Mallets!
    Building: ​Boardman 2010 HT Pro
    Current Joy: '11 Giant Anthem X
    Previous Joy: '09 Commencal Meta 5 VIP

mtbr member
    Jut8

Where are you getting those Acid pedals, crank brothers web site says they are not available in the US.

I would love to know because I think those red Acids would look great on my s-works SL, if I ever get it..

I think those Acid pedals would look better than the candies, plug you get the bigger platform.

Thanks.
    He who dies with the most toys, still dies

The Other Dude
    www.ride-this.com just a shipment in of the red Acid 2 pedals.....they are 185 i think through them, and a couple other places have them for 149...they are not in the US though, one guy is on eBay and has the black ones for a buy it now of 149 plus 10 to ship them. He is from Taiwan, i have dealt with him before without any problems, and he is pretty quick to ship also.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I like doing business with Ride-this.com. I just put on a set of the red Mallet M's and I am very impressed. I havent heard a whole lot about the acids, but the mallets look to be bullet-proof.

The Other Dude
    I actually am going to wait on the Acids for a bit. I also ordered a set of the Mallet M's. I found a place selling the for 49.99 and the 14 to ship them, i thought that was pretty good deal. I figure i will use the candy ti's for the xc days, and the mallets for the AM/FR days.

mtbr member
    Frogs.
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Today was the first major ride with the mallet m's. They are such an improvement over spd's. I felt 100 times more confident doing some light jumps, not to mention they look bad ass. Very pleased!

The Other Dude
    NICE! I cant wait to give them a try!