mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Enduro SL magazine reviews...

I was wondering if anyone had any magazine reviews of the Enduro SL that they could scan in for us to enjoy.

Thanks

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004
    I have seen the mbr review they did in the UK

http://www.mbr.co.uk/news/bike_news/...le_130444.html

The latest review they did, wasnt very good I'm afraid, had 7 out of 10 ending up hoping the 08's had the problems fixed. There was one a while back in the MBUK but they did one page and that looked better.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Makes interesting reading - although the reviews are a little obsolete if the fork / rear shock problems have been overcome (or so Specialized claim)

I am very nervous about spending 1700 quid on my first new bike, only to find that it is a dog, and worth nothing when I want to sell it on in 3 yrs time.

As the review states, it's one thing getting a free bike to test and something completely different when you a shelling out the best part of two grand for the pleasure.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    The fork problems have not been overcome. I bought my bike one week ago (2008 XL Enduro SL Comp) and it is in the shop right now for fork problems (compression & rebound adjust not working). Specialized sent the travel adjust instead of the rebound/compression adjust, the shop installed the new travel adjust (left fork leg), and that no longer worked! Specialized is sending a new part, so it will be fixed, but that is rediculous for a brand new 2008. It is also rediculous that a brand new part sent by Specialized failed to work when installed by a reputible shop.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I realise it is a different fork, but you have to wonder about the new fork on the S-Work and Pro Carbon stumpys! The main reason for me cancelling my order was due to the delivery times here in the UK and I wanted a bike sooner. Although it was always in the back of my mind that this new fork may have some teething problems as the Enduro forks have had. I will wait a year and watch and see what appears on these forums before I part with 3300!

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Interesting

I'm curious how those Enduro SL riders who have switched out their stock Specialized forks for something else like their bikes? So, far every single review I have read has been more about how bad the fork is, and sometimes the shock, rather than how good the bike is. On paper is seems like this bike should be unbeatable but it seems like Specialized is causing themselves problems with their own suspension. Maybe that's why they've added the Pitch line up so they can sell the Enduro design without their own suspension and without looking like the fools when they finally call it quits. They have essentially ruined the reputation of one of the industries most recognizable products, the Enduro. I can't imagine that their sales are doing very well and I would bet these suspension wows will also plague the new Stumpjumper series as well.

Has Mountain Bike Action even written a review of the Enduro SL since their introduction article? I'm guessing they haven't because they are usually full of so much praise for Specialized products that this time they may actually have to be negative.

Is there anyone who has switched to a non-Specialized fork or shock who would like to give a review of the bike's qualities?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You know, when specialized got into the light business and realized that it wasn't going to work out they got out but also supported the products sold. As the owner of a 07 expert fsr with all fox suspenion I have not had to deal with the issues of the enduro sl owners. It is dissappointing however when you save your hard earned money to buy a product that is the "holy grail" of suspension and then end up having it be the "holy grail" of the warranty dept.

mtbr member
    Has Mountain Bike Action even written a review of the Enduro SL since their introduction article? I'm guessing they haven't because they are usually full of so much praise for Specialized products that this time they may actually have to be negative.

They have not done a review of the Enduro, but they did just give the new Stumpy a fairly negative review-so much for that theory.