b3n
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Enduro sizing: advices (and pics)?

Hi everybody, this is my first post in this forum but I read a lot of threads here and there, since I'm going to buy my first full suspended bike (and that will be a Specy!). Since I want to descend as fast (and safe!) as I can, and it's not a problem for me if I spend 10 minutes more in reaching the top, I've chosen the Enduro over the Stumpjumper. My only doubt is the size: L or XL? I'd go with the L since I'd prefer a shorter bike, but I think I couldn't position the seat high enough for pedalling efficiently: I'm 1,86m (6 feet and 1 inch) and my inseam length is 89cm (a bit less 3 feet, or 35 inches, don't know what you prefer...). Any advice? Could you post pictures of your L and XL Enduros so I can take a look on how the two frames differ (since Prophets, for example, differ much switching from a size to another).

Thank you very much,

b3n

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    i dont have much to offer as to which is best for you, but specialized.com has all the geometry specs for each bike at each size on their website. when viewing a bike model just click the geometry link. you can compare differences there

Track Junkie
    Get the Large. I'm 6' 3", and it fits great. The long Top Tube is comfortable when climbing and descending. I would only go with an XL if I were buying the Epic or Stumpjumper. But the Large Enduro is perfect for ya!

-Brad
    I get paid to ride shotgun.

b3n
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thank you guys for your suggestions...
    BRacing, you're saying the bike "length" is perfect, and that conforts me since it confirms my impressions: but what about the bike "height"? Can you pedal your Enduro well? What's your seat height? Thanks again and forgive my paranoia, but it's a great step for me (expecially for the money involved ) and I want to be sure I buy the right bike!

Bye,

b3n

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I'm 6'3" and this is my XL Enduro in XC mode.
    I don't think it matters too much, you could go L or XL and be quite happy with either.
    Btw the front wheel is lower than the back in that pic so it makes it look like I have the seatpost freakishly high.

Sweat is just fat crying.

6' 2.3476"

Quote Originally Posted by b3n
    Hi everybody, this is my first post in this forum but I read a lot of threads here and there, since I'm going to buy my first full suspended bike (and that will be a Specy!). Since I want to descend as fast (and safe!) as I can, and it's not a problem for me if I spend 10 minutes more in reaching the top, I've chosen the Enduro over the Stumpjumper. My only doubt is the size: L or XL? I'd go with the L since I'd prefer a shorter bike, but I think I couldn't position the seat high enough for pedalling efficiently: I'm 1,86m (6 feet and 1 inch) and my inseam length is 89cm (a bit less 3 feet, or 35 inches, don't know what you prefer...). Any advice? Could you post pictures of your L and XL Enduros so I can take a look on how the two frames differ (since Prophets, for example, differ much switching from a size to another).

Thank you very much,

b3n
    XL. About a 35" inseam.

fp
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

b3n
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thank you for your replies... but I'm still confused! I'm shorter than BRacer that feels great with an L, but I have the same inseam length of Finch Platte who uses an XL... more than that, the XL frame looks a bit strange: the hole between the seat tube, the horizontal tube e the reinforcement is huge compared to the frame depicted on the Specialized website, and the head and oblique tubes don't "collapse" in proximity of the head tube... Well, it seems less tough than smaller frames indeed (just an impression, I know).

Thanks again,

b3n

Track Junkie
    My bike pedals just great, and goes up steep climbs easily. The length is good for techincal riding and for comfort. It is not as stretched out like XC racer bikes. I prefer to ride technical terrain and some downhill, so I like the Large instead of the XL. If you're more into XC racing and climbing, you may want to get a XL.

Here is a review of my bike: My setup on an 05 Enduro Pro & review (long)

and a pic:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I get paid to ride shotgun.

b3n
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thanks you guys, I guess it's time to search for a dealer with an L test bike to verify if I can pedal it well... I'll let you know!

Bye,

b3n