mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Enduro Pro suspension setup?

Hey, i bought a 2007 Enduro Pro about two months ago and am having a real problem setting the suspension up. At the recommended pressures for the DHX5 Air and the 36 TALAS RC2 it feels way too soft. The sag is good for both but the middle of the travel is extremely soft. Dropping a curb i nearly bottoms (all but the last like 15-20mm) both. I have increased the from from the 69psi recommend to about 140psi and the rear from like 175psi to 250psi. While the added pressure helps for the beginning part of travel, the mid travel still blows through really quickly.

btw i weigh like 180 and am 6'

other settings:
    36 TALAS RC2
    Full High speed, half low speed, 3 from full rebound
    DHX 5.0 Air
    Full Pro-pedal, full bottom-out, 3 from full rebound

does anyone have any suggestions?

thanx,
    brandon

Vaginatarian
    Oct 2005
    I think that is just the nature of that shock & fork
    some people have had sucsess with the larger air chamber for the dhx5 (supposed to give better mid range, but bottom easier)
    if you're going to be doing alot of jumping and hucking you might like a coil suspension better
    I personally like the air suspensions but I ride mostly xc & all mtn. and prefer the weight savings. You could add more air, the pressures given are only a guideline, just add a little at a time and ride it.

BTW if you're considering the larger air chamber, pm me, I have a new one I bought and never installed

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Same problem

I had the same problem with my dhx 3.0. There is a possibility that your shock is stuck. The way to check and see if there is a real problem as i was told by fox is to let all the pressure out of the shock and if i compresses more than a half an inch it is probably stuck.
    Hope this helps

By the way this is a cheap fix, fox said that there is a seal kit for like 6 bucks and they said that the average person can rebuild it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    yeah letting all the air out i have done, and it compresses most of the way, prolly 1.5 inches, by itself without doing anything to it, my lbs told me to just pump the fork and shock up until it feels good, just w/o going over the max pressures

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

stuck

ok well it sounds like your shock is stuck. This is very common problem with the dhx air shocks

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    any recommendations on what to do now?

Vaginatarian
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpionsf
    any recommendations on what to do now?
    send it to fox for service

mtbr member
    You shouldn't have to send it to fox. If the shop can't fix it for free, I'd call fox and tell them about the shop. It's a very easy procedure and any fox dealer can do it.

Also the blowing through the travel on the rear will more than likely be fixed after the shock is done but if not search for shimming the air chamber.