mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Enduro/Pitch Geomtry Q

So I know that you can't judge a bike only by its numbers, but I'm confused on something,

Most 5-6 in bikes, as they tend to increase travel, slacken the head tube and seat tube angles to keep the rider centered more between the wheels (as opposed to a agressive XC position or a really down and low position on a DH bike).

One comparison I am using is the Yeti 575 - its got a STA of 72 and a HA of 68. This makes sense to me. The Enduro and Pitch (as referenced from Spec web site) have a STA of 74 deg and a HTA of 67.

While I really like the idea of a 67 head tube angle, the 74 deg seat tube angle sort of scares me in that my weight might be too far forward making the bike harder to pull up.

For those of you that have pitches and enduro's, do you find the geometry pretty "forward"?

I know chainstay length and B height and such also comes into play but Seat tube angles somewhat constrain where you sit in a bike. Set back posts will work, but that means that you'll have an aweful lot of top tube in front of you............thoughts?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jayoutside
    So I know that you can't judge a bike only by its numbers, but I'm confused on something,

Most 5-6 in bikes, as they tend to increase travel, slacken the head tube and seat tube angles to keep the rider centered more between the wheels (as opposed to a agressive XC position or a really down and low position on a DH bike).

One comparison I am using is the Yeti 575 - its got a STA of 72 and a HA of 68. This makes sense to me. The Enduro and Pitch (as referenced from Spec web site) have a STA of 74 deg and a HTA of 67.

While I really like the idea of a 67 head tube angle, the 74 deg seat tube angle sort of scares me in that my weight might be too far forward making the bike harder to pull up.

For those of you that have pitches and enduro's, do you find the geometry pretty "forward"?

I know chainstay length and B height and such also comes into play but Seat tube angles somewhat constrain where you sit in a bike. Set back posts will work, but that means that you'll have an aweful lot of top tube in front of you............thoughts?
    i have a 31 inch inseam and am 68 inches tall, so needless to say i am way over the bars on the DH. when it comes to bringing the front up, i think the angles dont really affect the situation. mine responds as i need it to when i need it to. also worth cinsidering is the effect sag has on the riding geometry. test one out before you buy, i ride the pitch and although i just got the bike, i can see and feel a huge difference from it and my stumpy. the STA is not one of them, but the HTA definately is. the slackness makes up for my overdominating torso. i do however have to slide the seat back about 15mm behind the midline on the rails on my medium. again, demo one and see.

all your base
    I ride an sl, and whatever the numbers may be, it's def a rearward biased bike, manuals are no problem. I also use a straight thompson elite and not the set-back post they come with.

Wait, what!?
    Would you be interested in giving up that seat post?

all your base
    i bought a frameset so i never had the bent thompson elite, if it was the straight elite you wanted, i'm afraid i'll have to hold onto it. I would recomend a staight post though, I really like being able to lower the seat all the way.