mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Enduro geometry setting

I have a 2nd hand 05 Enduro frame. I have been informed that its has the slack geometry setting option fitted

How do I check that it does indeed have the slack option fitted.

thanks
    Rb

The Other Dude
    Check out your frame where the shock bolts up to main part of the frame. You will see a piece like i have pictured below. If it says on it "348mm BB height/ 68.5 head angle (low BB)" on it, you have the slack on in there. If it says "high bb" with different numbers on it, then you have the shock shuttle on it. If have the high one, and you need the low one, i have one here from my old enduro.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Just been out to the shed, There is no writing on the bracket what so ever???

the legnth of the bracket is approx 11cm if that helps

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    have you got a basic enduro frame or an enduro sx trail ?
    and does the shuttle come in two parts or is it one piece of metal?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    basic / 1 peice

The Other Dude
    Theres no writing on it at all? Thats weird. I guess the next thing to do is measure you bottom bracket height, if it s 348mm, then you have the low/slack shock shuttle on yours, if its higher, then you have the high shuttle on.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Jut8. sorry mate.

I was looking at the wrong bracket. (what a muppet)

I have the low BB shuttle. what will this mean to my riding I have just finished the build and plan to hit the trials on Sunday.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    if you have the low bb shuttle, it means you have a slacker head angle which makes turning alot less twitchy but also slightly slower as the wheelbase is longer, also obviously your cranks will be closer to the ground. it's a better set up for long downhills but not the better set up for uphill climbs and general messing around.
    i use my high bb shuttle pretty much all the time and the only time i'd use the low B.B. is on an uplift or something with alot of down

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I mostly ride mountain trials with so I best be on the look out for a standard shuttle then.

The Other Dude
    yeah, it sounds like you want to be running the high bb shuttle